Thursday, June 5, 2008

All About Gabby (reactions to her gifts)


I gave her the Texas Longhorn Bear the night we arrived. It was her first night without Mommy & Daddy, she did so well (I think having Auntie Donna & Nino John as a distraction really helped). We all slept together on the airbed (which she enthusiastically jumped on for about 10 mins before crashing). The sweetest thing in the morning happened before she got up. With sleepy eyes, she rolled over, looked at me next to her and said, "Hi Auntie Donna" and promptly went back to sleep. It melted my heart.

The next morning, she got her hairbow tin - I think she liked the tin more than the hairbows,
but that was to be expected. Look how cute they look in her hair.


She liked the blocks for about 5 minutes. I'm sure when she gets older, they will hold more meaning, for now they were put in a shoebox with her crayons.

I did good with the socks - the girl LOVES them but she wasn't thrilled about trying them on. She showed them to her Gramma Ama the next day and said, 'beads on them' she loved those! One night she kept me up LATE going through her sock drawer, showing them all to me, naming them, the colors, etc. it was so funny! She even took out all her jewelry from the boxes too. Her mommy came in and said, "ooh, Nini (our other sister) is going to have a conniption) Auntie & Nino need to go to sleep, come on. and she said, "no, Momma - bye bye" and shooed her away. I totally didn't mind even though I was exhausted. I marveled in the fun she was having. When she was finally done, she helped me put them all away & said good night.

I think her favorite gift was The Dress Up Gabby frame & paper dolls (it was mine and her Nini's too - see below) She actually played with it 3 times that day! The funniest was when I told her there were magnets on there and she said, 'maggots on there' and continued saying that!

My favorite shot of Gabby - not a fake cheese.

She loves blowing bubbles! Nini taught her to put the wand in & take it out & tap, tap, tap on the side (so cute when she says that!) and blow the bubbles. I was holding the bubbles while she did it & bubbles collected on my arm. Out of the blue she says, "Auntie Donna making a mess" and proceeded to tell me it was because there were bubbles on my arm. FUNNY girl

Here is a picture of all us girls and Baby Joseph. Valarie (Val) is the Mommy in the middle (oldest) and Deana (Nini who watches Gabby)and I'm the youngest.

I had so much fun the night before we left once everyone left & it was just time for Gabby. I was sitting in a rocking chair & I reached out for her to grab her. She resisted at first but realized it was fun to be grabbed. So then as she got down from the chair she stopped close by turned around & said, "mas?" (spanish for more) and I said, "mas what?" and she said so sweetly, "mas git you" she new exactly what she wanted! This went on for about 6-7 times, all the while John was recording & took a picture at the end that I totally love (below). It captured a special few moments that will attempt to hold my heart together until the next time I hear her precious voice and get a 'squeeze' and kiss on the cheek from her. I am saddened to no end that I am not there to witness all the nuggets of sweetness she possesses on a daily basis.

Pin It

17 comments on "All About Gabby (reactions to her gifts)"

Pamela Smerker on 9:47 AM CDT said...

Oh what a fun visit! Gabby is adorable!!! Hugs to you!!

Barbara Schram on 10:54 AM CDT said...

What precious tender memories! What a blessing you are to your family, Donna! I loved reading all about Gabby and getting a glimpse of your vacation! Thank you for sharing!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas on 12:22 PM CDT said...

What a beautiful family. Precious moments indeed. Children are a blessing. Good to know you got home safely. chris

Lee on 1:06 PM CDT said...

Oh my LANDS Donna!!!! Gabby sure is the absolute cutest!!! What a wonderful visit and truly special memories you all made! You all are so beautiful!!! And what a FABulous Auntie you are!!! You are the most amazing gift to your niece and now your nephew! Children thrive in love and can never have enough acceptance and affection!!! I am so happy you got to share such a sweet and loving visit!!!!

Alex on 1:37 PM CDT said...

Sounds like a wonderful visit - the pictures are adorable, with lots of great memories attached - thanks for sharing! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Deb Wood on 2:16 PM CDT said...

Loved the story and the pictures are adorable what a sweetie, she looks just like you. Sounds like the two of you had a lot of fun and you spoiled her rotten. Congrats on the new nephew!

Bee's Zen Garden on 3:59 PM CDT said...

Glad you had a good time with your sweet niece and new nephew and family. I know how hard it is to live far from family...

Love your haircut by the way... :-)

Linsey R on 6:43 PM CDT said...

I'm in love with Gabby!! She is an absolutele DOLL! What a precious little face, oh she's just darling! I want one now, lol! Thank you for sharing some of your special moments you had on your trip with us--is obvious that you are the most amazing Auntie and Gabby (and baby Joseph)is surrounded in love! It warms my heart to see such closeness! I'm so happy you were able to go and makes some wonderful new memories with your family-time goes by and they grow up so fast-it's important to get those trips in, although you can't be w/them daily..I know exactly what you mean. My fam is in NV and my only sister's kids are already getting so big so fast, it's crazy! Hugs to you, buddy tfs!

Kristine on 6:52 PM CDT said...

Love the pics...thanks for sharing!! CHildren are so special and fun-loving. They make us happy and bring out the kid in us. :)

Monika/Buzsy on 7:41 PM CDT said...

Sure looks like you all had so much fun! Precious pictures! You are a great Aunt! TFS!

Dawn Easton on 8:03 AM CDT said...

Donna, it looks like you had a GREAT time and your neice is such a cutie! I can see how much you adore her from the pictures without even having to read your words. Pictures say a million words! Love the maggots...hehe

Marilyn on 12:51 PM CDT said...

Wow Donna - thanks for indulging us in these awesome pictures!! I wanted to see Miss Gabby's face when she opened up all the loving things you made her! What an awesome auntie you are to her!! I wish I could give her a squeeze myself, she is soooo cute!!

Rose Ann on 7:52 PM CDT said...

Such precious memories and pictures!! Thanks for sharing them all!! Pure sweetness!!

Carolina on 4:39 AM CDT said...

Thanks for sharing all the family pics with us. I can now see why Abby is your muse...she's A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!! What a wonderful holiday you had with your family...so glad you were able to hang out with them for a bit.

Melanie on 7:36 AM CDT said...

this last oe was my favorite, too (and the one wqih Joahn in it, you guys look good with a little girl between you) I don't think ever had any extedned family who loved me/doted on me this much, what a blessing fore her and the both of you :)

retiredheather on 4:49 AM CDT said...

I so enjoyed these photos. Thanks for sharing. Question: who had the most fun?
Retired Father

Melissa on 8:54 PM CDT said...

Oh my Donna! Gabby is just a little sweet heart. It was so fun to read how she reacted to each gift. I knew she would love the Dress Up Gabby set you made. You did such an amazing job on it and it was such an awesome idea for a gift. Your such a fabulous Auntie, Gabby is so lucky!!! Thanks for sharing your pics and story :)
Hugs,
Melissa

Post a Comment