Sunday, June 29, 2008

New Paper Pretties & Exciting NEWS


It's OFFICIAL!!! My hard-earned goal of being on a design team this year has come true!

I am so excited to introduce myself as one of the Prettie Girls Guest Designers for July-September! I can't tell you how thrilled I was to get an email last week from my blog buddy Jessie - Can You Say????....Addicted (to stamps)!!!! asking me if I was interested. I should have said, hell0000???? what??? are you kidding???? Of course! but what I said intead was, "ARE YOU SERIOUS?! I would LOVE the opportunity! That's fantastic"

I am bummed I never alloted any of my money to buy any Paper Pretties stamps because they really are so fun (you know I LOVE to color) and of course that's going to change in the near future. I think I need to get a 3rd job now...

Here is a sneak of a new set called Soaking Up The Sun that will be released July 1st. Isn't Sophia & her dog so cute laying in the sun on the big lounge chair? I paper toled the palm tree and for the 'sand' I made faux suede. To do that, you rub your bone folder on a piece of SU! cardstock until it begins to soften. When it is ready, you can pull the 2 layers away from one another.

This set takes me back to a time {was just talking to my co-workers about this last week} when I laid in the lounge chair in my backyard during the summer to get a tan and used baby oil to get darker & spritzed peroxide in my hair instead of buying sun-in for highlights!! Both totally not recommended...my hair turned orange and to think of all the UV ray damage from no sunscreen protection. Living in Central TX, my time in the sun is very limited because I can barely stand it for long periods of time - too hot & humid.

Stuff to Come:

Paper Pretties next release is this Tuesday July 1st at 7pm CST. This will be my first time Stamping in My Jammies (which I change into the MINUTE I get home from work). It will be in the Paper Pretties forum. If you are not registered yet, what are you waiting for? Charmaine will be hosting our challenges and you will love what she has cooked up for us!
Cutie Pie Contest!!
How would you like to be Paper Pretties Cutie Pie? All you have to do is make a card using your Paper Pretties stamps and send it to Christie at christie@paperpretties.net, and she will chose a winner from the entries. Besides getting to call yourself a Cutie Pie, you will also get all the stamps from this release for free!! You have until June 30th at 8pmCST to get your entries in!! Good luck!!
Pin It

20 comments on "New Paper Pretties & Exciting NEWS"

Cedar Creek on 4:31 PM CDT said...

YIPEE!!! You have worked so hard and have done so much for people. I'm glad that this milestone has been reached. You deserve it! I'm happy for you! XO

Jessie/knightrone on 4:31 PM CDT said...

Woohoo girl!!! I just KNEW you would be fabulous and I was sooo RIGHT!! This card totally rocks and I am so happy you are joining us, Yayy!!

Christie Ortman on 4:44 PM CDT said...

Wowsa Donna - that is gorgeous!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 5:05 PM CDT said...

THis is just gorgeous, Donna! Great job with this set! LOVE this card!

Unknown on 5:09 PM CDT said...

HUGE congrats!!!! Much deserved and I totally love that stamp and card you made with it!!

Jodi Collins on 5:37 PM CDT said...

OMG!! Donna, this is out of this world FABULOUS!! You go girl! Congrats to you!!!

Unknown on 8:28 PM CDT said...

Yeah Donna!! I'm soooo happy to have you with us - I just love your work and know you'll make many wonderful creations!! This card is one of them - very cute!! :)

Melanie on 8:35 PM CDT said...

congrats Donna! well earned!

Rose Ann on 9:56 PM CDT said...

Woo hoooo!!!! Congratulations, Donna!!!! I have been checking here all day to see if you had told your news yet 'cause I couldn't wait to hear what it was!! It figures it would happen when we were gone. ;) I am so excited for you, and this is so well-deserved, girl!!

blah on 10:58 PM CDT said...

Donna,
Congrats!!!!!! I'm so happy for you and this is definitely well-deserved! Your stuff rocks!

Angie Tieman on 11:40 PM CDT said...

Whoo! HOo! Congrats, Donna! I'm so happy for you! Great card too! I can totally relate to your "laying out" story...been there, done that! It's a miracle we survive our youth!

Jana Weaver on 1:04 AM CDT said...

Welcome to the Pretties Donna, we're SOO excited to have you! And no wonder, look at this gorgeous card you just posted! I love the faux suede sand, and your coloring is just perfect. :-)

Carolina on 1:54 AM CDT said...

You know I'm just over the top thrilled for you and for me it's such a treat to go through this amazing creative ride with you! HUGS!!!

Monika/Buzsy on 8:48 AM CDT said...

Congratulations girl! Can't wait to see your DT cards! this one is awesome... love the sand! TFS!

Marilyn on 10:21 AM CDT said...

WOOHOOO for you Donna!! I am SOO excited for you - I knew it was coming for you - you are so very talented!!! This card is so awesome too - I haven't seen these stamps before I need to go check them out!! I can't wait to see all the new designs you will be creating!! And I love the new look to your blog too!!

Lee on 11:56 AM CDT said...

I am sooooooooooooo excited for you!!!! What a fun and well-deserved opportunity for you!!!! And now you and Carolina and Jessie are gonna enable me.....I've never bought any Prettie stamps but I sure will soon!!! And I wanna play along so I'll have to get some stamps before the next party!!!!

Cat Tidwell on 1:24 PM CDT said...

Congrats to you, you sooo deserving of it! Your work is awesome and inspiring in so many ways! Thank you for sharing your art with us!

And this card is awesome, omg that sand, the palm tree, way cool!

Ila on 2:56 PM CDT said...

Good for you!! Congratulations!! but it was only a matter of time...cause your creations are Gorgeous!!

Libby Hickson on 1:18 AM CDT said...

Hooray!!! Congratulations Donna!! Have lots of fun with it! I'm behind on my blogging, as usual, haven't been here in a little while - WOW, that is one cool background you have!!

Deb Wood on 2:04 PM CDT said...

This is wicked awesome!! That tree, WOW! I just love everything about it and again, I'm so happy for you!!

Post a Comment