Saturday, June 7, 2008

Rockin' Ostrich


Melanie has been having so much fun with her Ostrich (and the others too from her Jumping for Joy set) so I had to dig deep to get my MOJO back last night! After making a few cards for a CHF blitz, I started chatting with Lee on yahoo messenger (although I am not much of a late night stamper unless it's the weekend and I had an afternoon nap) I was determined to make an Ostrich card.

Here is my first Ostrich card (still thinking of a name I like for her to be called). When Lee and I were chatting, she inquired about my method to making a card - first I pick my DP (and this blues & greens one was calling me) and realized that Wild Wasabi and Tempting Turquoise matched wonderfully, I also knew I would have black accents. I also gathered a few embellishements I thought would match (like the glitter, some wasabi & black brads, the hemp because I knew I wanted to make a glitter star balloon) and started coloing her in. That took a while because I realized I may have some Twinkling h20's to match and I did! score! Here is a close up of all the sparkle they have.


The last touches were my ribbon (used black velvet & changed the brad to a square ice rhinestone because she needed mre bling)!

Update on my lunch with Melanie yesterday: It was great!! Although my morning Dr. appt made me abut 30 mins later than I would have liked! She took me to Kona Grill at the Domain (outdoor shopping area I had never been to and it's been there for over a year). The food was yummy & we shared a free dessert - Passionfruit Creme Brulee which was quite tasty. In addition to treating me to lunch, she gave me a stamping goodie bag and the DCWV 8 x 8 All Dressed Up stack which I have been wanting for a long time but the Hobby Lobby by me hasn't had! Thanks, Melanie...you are so sweet!!! I enjoy our friendship & appreciate the quality time we had yesterday.

Pin It

14 comments on "Rockin' Ostrich"

Angie Tieman on 7:27 PM CDT said...

Rockin' card! Love the colors and that twinkling coloring is so cool!

Jessie/knightrone on 9:21 PM CDT said...

This is just adorable Donna!! I LOVE all the glitter on her!!

Lee on 10:30 PM CDT said...

Ohhhh.........she turned out FABulously!!! I finished mine and couldn't resist glitterifying her up too!!!! I love the soft, shimmery look of the Twinklies!! And I'm so happy for you (and jealous! ;) ) that you had a wonderful lunch visit with Melanie!!! I enjoyed our chat and had fun "stamping" with you!!!

Bee's Zen Garden on 9:38 AM CDT said...

I love those colors and all the twinkling! :-) Glad you're getting your mojo back!...

Alex on 11:03 AM CDT said...

This is totally adorable Donna - I just love that image, and this whole set is adorable! I am glad to hear your lunch went well! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Ila on 11:26 AM CDT said...

Totally Fabulous!! this card really Rocks...love your coloring and that Ostrich!!

huntla1 on 11:51 AM CDT said...

How cute is this ostrich and you did a wonderful job coloring her! Love your card and love your sparkle. I have to get my twinklers out again. I used them a bunch when I first got them and then I put them away and I just haven't gotten them out in ages. No to self -- Just do it!

Deb Wood on 11:53 AM CDT said...

This is too cute, love the colors and paper. The added twinkle looks marvelous!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 4:08 PM CDT said...

LOVE this card! Just gorgeous!

Carolina on 2:42 AM CDT said...

Just adorable! The coloring, the little elements (gingham ribbon, the hemp and the amazing balloon), and the dp all work so well together!

mel m. m. mccarthy on 10:50 AM CDT said...

SO gorgeous! Love these colours together and now I hafta get some Twinklin' H20s cause this ROCKS! :0)

Unknown on 2:06 PM CDT said...

So cute Donna!! Great colors! :)

Rose Ann on 11:56 PM CDT said...

This is so cute!! Your coloring looks awesome, and I love the sparkle!!

Linsey R on 10:39 AM CDT said...

oh, I love your super sparkly ostrich! I'm so happy to hear that you had a wonderful birthday lunch with Melanie! How fun! I'm totally jealous, hehe! I would give anything to have lunch with you! Or Melanie for that mattter! :) hugs!

Post a Comment