Saturday, August 16, 2008

TECC 29: Polka DOTS!



What a fun sketch again from Taylor! TECC29 is in celebration of some adorable new stuff at the $1 Target Spot that is cupcake related! I really went a little crazy there, I just couldn't help myself! I packaged up a few of the items in a coffee bag: scented eye pillow, body wash & body spray. What I loved most about the packaging is the Polka Dots so I went with that theme using Hey There Cupcake which I won back in February from eP and Stampendous (I tell you I have goten a lot of mileage out of this set because of all the endless possibilities)! My card is attached to the bag but still removable. I chose to keep it shut by using the slit punch on the bottom. The polka dots on the bag are done using sponge daubers & a pencil eraser. Check out the color combo - Green Galore, Lovely Lilac & Riding Hood Red - the exact same colors on the gift items! I LOVE IT! Sorry about the glare at the top row of cupcakes - the cupcakes are stamped with silver metallic ink so they reflected the light.

While I was making this set, I couldn't help but think about my sweet niece (well I do ALL the time really). But, last week when I chatted with her on the webcam, which she got dressed up for me to do (hair done up all cute, pearl necklace from Linsey & bracelets from Barb) I asked her what she ate for lunch and she said, "POLKA DOTS" and proceeded to keep telling me that, and again saying it about 10 mins later. My sister said, "that's the randomness of a 2 yr-old" it was hilarious! I love it!
Pin It

16 comments on "TECC 29: Polka DOTS!"

Barbara Schram on 9:55 AM CDT said...

WOW Donna! Did you put the cupcakes on the items or did they come that way? This is tooo cute for words! Great job! And I love the Gabby is enjoying her bracelets!

Kathryn on 10:26 AM CDT said...

This is a darling idea ! Love it!
The card is adorable -- so bright and cheerful! :)

Taylor on 10:57 AM CDT said...

No way!! I *must* go to the $1 spot today! Love the cupcake goodies and you packaged them up so cute!

DoodleFactory on 11:22 AM CDT said...

wow you've outdone yourself here! your cupcakes fit in seamlessly. Love that metallic ink too.

Jessie/knightrone on 11:59 AM CDT said...

Super cute stuff Donna, ecspecially the story about your niece what a treat she must be!! I get to see all of mine today, I am SO EXCITED!!

Cat Tidwell on 12:10 PM CDT said...

OMG! This is awesome Donna! What a neat idea! I MUST get to target today too! LOL! Girl, you gonna break me yet with all of your awesome creations, inspiring me!

Angie Tieman on 12:42 PM CDT said...

What a cute project!! Love the polka dots you created with the sponge dauber and pencil!

Traveling Mama on 12:46 PM CDT said...

Wow! Target rocks! I LOVE your project! Awesome!

Alex on 12:57 PM CDT said...

LOVE this Donna - totally cute!!! I {heart} Target, lol! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Kristine on 3:02 PM CDT said...

OH WOW--how fun to find these great *cupcake* items at the store!! And your bag topper is PERFECT for this. Great job on Taylor's challenge Donna!!
Your niece is gonna {{♥♥♥}}it!!

DoxieGirl on 7:01 PM CDT said...

What a delicious project! The Target Dollar Spot totally sucks me in too! But, how can I avoid it when I see such cute projects like this?! Between the Doodlefactory stamps and this... you're killing me! :)
~Kendra

Rose Ann on 9:00 PM CDT said...

Wonderful job with that sketch, Donna!! I love all of your cupcakes!!

Lee on 10:03 PM CDT said...

Ohhhhh Target is soooooo on my next shopping trip to do!!! What a FUN and adorable creation!!! Coool stuff!! And just precious, precious is your little Gabby!!!

Carolina on 2:51 PM CDT said...

LMAO - I just picked these up last night - great minds...I swear! Love the sketch too...for sure going to get to it today!

Love what you did with all your goodies.

Sharon Harnist on 8:48 AM CDT said...

What an adorable project, Donna -- those cupcake $1 products are to die for and your bag is just perfect for them!

Melanie on 11:32 AM CDT said...

wow adroable stuff you found and made!!

Post a Comment