Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Case the DT challenge at StampTV!


case carolina

See?  I told you I still stamped!  I made these 2 quick cards for the Case the DT Challenge at StampTV!  This time, it is to CASE (Copy and Share Everything) a card/project of Carolina’s (click to see her beautiful gallery).  Since I love her clean & simple, signature bow/ribbon style, it was fun to make these cards!  I used the StampTV kit Vintage Chic, since it will only be available until the next release, which is next week…if you like it, you better get it soon!  I think it’s been my favorite to date!  I used cardstock, black & white pattern paper and the stamps from the kit.  The silk ribbon and red & white brad are not from the kit, but I used them because it added the POP of red I wanted.  Here is the card I cased of Carolina’s – which coincidentally, was a card for a paper-piecing challenge I hosted.  I changed the stamps, cardstock, ribbon and embellishments for my card.  For a case, you want to change at least 2 elements, but try to stick to the layout as much as possible so it’s recognizable as a copy.  

This next card is one I made at the same time because I messed cse carolina 2up the placement of the flowers.  Why not turn it into a 2nd card?  I used ribbon from the kit on this one, as well as a red button for the center.  I really like both cards, what about you??  You have until this Thursday, July 28 at 8:00 central time to upload your card for this challenge and you can win a free stamp set valued up to $24.95  and you get your name in the drawing twice if you use Gina K stamps although you don’t have to to play along as usual! 

Thanks for stopping by! 

Pin It

2 comments on "Case the DT challenge at StampTV!"

Unknown on 1:22 PM CDT said...

Love how you used the same elements and came up with 2 different cards. Just had to change up a couple of things!

Casmiles on 12:49 AM CDT said...

What fun cards. Simple, easy and HAPPY. I love them. Need to go back and post on your quilting note - your trip sounded like so much fun.

Post a Comment