Saturday, December 10, 2011

Some Christmas cards to share


joy snowman

I bet you may be wondering if I have abandoned my blog or why I haven’t posted in so long?  Well, I’m still here; super busy and trying to enjoy the holidays stress-free although I think I am miserably failing at that.  When I woke up Friday morning, I felt the first signs of a cold (sore on my lip – yikes sure fire sign I am stressed out). I tried to get a prescription from my Dr to get it knocked out but they wanted to ‘see’ me first so I will be going on Monday morning before work.  Ugh.  Anyway…here are a few of the cards my friends made over at the house back in October.  I love this cute snowman!  He is from the Wishing You Joy stamptv kit.  This card came together quite quickly, a version of one of my favorite sketches!  I colored the snowman with prismacolor pencils blended with odorless mineral spirits.  I love the snowflake embossing folder I used, it really gives a ton of texture to the card.

poinsettias

Next is a card I made using Festive Frame and my kraft magic technique!  I love stamping on kraft cardstock and coloring in with colored pencils to make the images pop.  The white for the poinsettias look a little velvety to me.  I love the simplicity of this card. 

I spent today as stress free as possible although I have a lot of things on my to do list!  I washed laundry, made homemade granola bars, breakfast mini quiches for us to eat for breakfast during the week, and some lentils & kidney beans are in the crock pot for dinner.  I am just waiting on John to get home so I can cook the rest of our dinner. 

Hope you’re having a great weekend!  Thanks for stopping by today.

Pin It

7 comments on "Some Christmas cards to share"

The Vannoy Family on 5:53 PM CST said...

Donna, got my card in the mail today - love, love, love it! Just something about a handmade card w/a handwritten message really touches the heart! Thank you - you made my day! To you and John - Merry Christmas!

Sonya on 6:10 PM CST said...

Beautiful card!

sarah on 9:23 AM CST said...

OMG!!! this is soooooo cute!I have a few more cards to make today..if u don't mind i'd like to use u'r idea!!! thx. for sharin!! hugs..

Anonymous said...

Wow, Donna! Both these cards rock! I adore the poinsettias...great colouring! I pray you get well soon, gf!
Hugz2u,
Sharon

Casmiles on 10:14 PM CST said...

Great cards, Donna! And thanks for the ideas/links for the recipes. I've been trying to think of something fun to make for breakfast to take in to work. I can make the mini quiche's and leave out the veggies on part for one of my staff who's not big into veggies - I think they really add to the recipe. I've got a great crustless quiche I make in a casserole and she always misses out when I take that one. The idea of individual ones is GREAT! Thanks.

FlyAwayHome on 5:28 AM CST said...

Hey Donna, I hope you are feeling better by now. I get not having much time to blog, I too have been busy with the whole holiday thing. Even though your cards are adorable, I keep popping back in to see if you have started using that new embroidery machine yet. Come on girl...don't let it intimidate you and get busy after the holidays. I would love to see a few projects. I am sending wishes of peace and happiness this season to you and your family. Have a wonderful Christmas. Lucy

Sandy Ang on 5:57 PM CST said...

Such pretty cards !

Post a Comment