Saturday, April 21, 2012

April SFYTT–I Miss You


SFYTT Apr

Hi there!  If you’re looking for a Friday Night Sew In** post, I apologize, I was not able to participate this month! 

This is my April sketch for you to try using my Pure Innocence set by My Favorite Things.  Can’t find the direct link to the set, so I’m not sure it’s still available.  The supplies are from an old Taylored Expression key ingredients kit (pattern paper is American Crafts Happy Go Lucky).  It also included the Thickers white fabric alphabet that I used for the hi and colored with a pink copic marker.  On the inside of the card it says, “The One Good Thing About Not Seeing You Is That I Can Write You Letters – I Miss You”.  I made this card to send to my niece Gabriella who will be celebrating her 6th birthday this coming Thursday!  It’s so hard to believe it!  I visited her for a week the first week of April for her Spring Break and have been gone for nearly 2 weeks and got an email from my sister she is still missing me and was still crying about it this week.  It just breaks my heart!  When I talked with her on Wednesday, she said “I miss you'” about 3 or 4 times!  Then after we got off the phone, she asked my sister, “Do you think Auntie Donna will write me a note?”  She had sent me some colored pictures telling me she missed me which made me cry!!  It’s so fun she is learning to write so I can start getting more letters from her!  I have all the pictures from our trip already printed and in the box she will get for her birthday, which includes a collage picture frame that I believe she will cherish! 

I will leave you with a picture of us from my trip, this was taken with auntieone evening after I sewed a sundress for Gabriella and this Batman pillow for Joey which they both stuffed!  It was a family effort!  I only got 2 pictures with them (sad) but love this one because they’re both smiling and it was more impromptu! 

**Sorry I don’t have anything to share for Friday Night Sew In which I had previously signed up for, this has been a busy week and I still have a long to do list and I have not sewn a thing in 2 1/2 weeks (since I was in California!) and I miss it a lot!  I am hoping to get something made by tomorrow though since I am suffering some withdrawal from it!  ha.  One thing on my to do list, which I am super excited about is working on a project picked up for publication in Stitch Magazine in the Winter issue!!  In fact, once I finished publishing this post, I MUST get back to working on my submittal document!  Then, I need to finish with preparing for the Gina K release which is on Thursday!!

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you have a great weekend!!

Pin It

0 comments on "April SFYTT–I Miss You"

Post a Comment