Monday, April 30, 2012

Gina K Inspiration Hop Day 2: Vintage Notes & Sweet Strawberries


The Design Team for Gina K. Designs welcomes you to another fabulous Inspiration Blog Hop!!! Gina and the Design Team will inspire you with many beautiful ideas! And as you hop through their blogs, make sure to leave a comment on each of them because we will choose a few random comments and those stampers will each win a grab bag of deeply etched, pre-cut Gina K. Designs stamps! To see the full list of winners check the Big News forum at Stamp TV a couple of days after the hops!!


10 reasons

First up is a 6” scrapbook page I made using Vintage Notes by Tami that I made for my 6-yr old niece Gabriella.  It’s been a while since I’ve made any scrapbook pages and really enjoyed making this!  She adores these pages.  When I went to visit at the beginning of April, I saw she had this scrapbook page (click to see) I made her from Nov ‘10 on her dresser and she told me the day I left, that she slept with it (crying herself to sleep because she missed me so much), her mom told me she grabbed it before it could get ruined though.  It just broke my heart over and over.  She was still crying a week & a half after I left!  That’s the price we pay for me being the Most Awesome Auntie I am, I told my sister!


reasons close up

One thing I know is priceless, is when you write things in your own handwriting.  I want her to have this kind of stuff because one day when I have passed on from this world, it will mean 10 times more to her when she remembers me.  I know I wish I had more things my mom had written me than I do, since she is gone.  Gabriella is so cute, the first night I got there she was so eager to share her treasure box with me…it held a bunch of items she has received that mean so much to her.  So, I know she will treasure this.  The girl even collects tags from clothing and the coloring sheets/menus from when they go out!  it’s so funny.  So a little about what I did now – I used Bubblegum cardstock, Petals & Wings pattern paper, yellow, pink & green buttons, flower punch, green silk ribbon, coated pink paper clip, pink paper flower.  The sentiment in the yellow punched flower is a greeting from the new set One in a Million which was perfect for this page. 

 

sweet card & box

Next up is a card & box ensemble I made using Sweet Strawberries by Theresa.  The box was fashioned after a little chocolate box I got that I tore apart to make a template.  I then ran the whole thing a piece at a time through my swiss dot embossing folder to mimic the spots on strawberries.  The card measures 2 1/2 x 3 inches.  I added some red & white polka dot ribbon to mimic those spots again!

candy box

Here is a view of the inside of the box, where I tucked in some delicious Ghirardelli chocolate squares.  Here is a bit of trivia for you – did you know the factory store is in my hometown of San Leandro, CA?  yes that’s right!  Their factory store offers the chocolates at 60% off retail.  What a deal.  I came home with quite a bit of it of course!  I just couldn’t help myself. 

Check out all the amazing designs and inspiration:

Pin It

55 comments on "Gina K Inspiration Hop Day 2: Vintage Notes & Sweet Strawberries"

heidi @ ggip on 8:14 AM CDT said...

Your projects are very unique. That note stamp works great for scrapping!

Anita Braddock on 8:20 AM CDT said...

Wow how Amazing is this love the projects. the gift set is Amazing love the colors and the Embossing. the vintage notes are great. thanks for sharing.

Theresa Momber on 8:20 AM CDT said...

What a fun page! Awesome! I love the box. Gorgeous!

~ Jo ~ on 8:22 AM CDT said...

Donna I LOVE your projects! Your layout is so sweet and I love how you used the stamp note image to list your favorite reasons why you missed your loved one. That is a great idea!

Jo
www.jwscrapshack.blogspot.com

Melanie on 8:25 AM CDT said...

What an awesome page and heartfelt reasons! I just can't believe how grown up she looks!

Carolyn King on 8:28 AM CDT said...

awesome set and love your beautifully designed scrapbook page! AWesome Donna!

Teri C on 8:39 AM CDT said...

How totally cute is that little red purse!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

These are great! I love the vintage note set for its versatility for cards and scrapbook pages.
The strawberry card and matching box is stunning!
Tammy

Becky on 8:56 AM CDT said...

How awesome is this red purse!!!AWESOME. love the sentiment on "why I miss you" that is so sweet.

Nana Griffin on 8:56 AM CDT said...

Great projects! Love the box with chocolates. Lucky you getting to live so close to the chocolate store!

Lee Reed on 9:17 AM CDT said...

What great ideas you have! Such a sweet little box; love how you used the strawberries for accenting the box. The scrapbook page is very endearing. Thanks for sharing.

Olga on 9:22 AM CDT said...

Well done! The box is nice!

Reesey on 9:37 AM CDT said...

This is by far my favorite project of the hop!

alex on 9:49 AM CDT said...

Wow Donna your projects are awesome :-)

Oneofakind on 10:00 AM CDT said...

Gotta love chocolate especially Ghiradelli. Looks like your visit with your neice was a success.

Sharon on 10:02 AM CDT said...

What a cute way to use the notepad stamp!
Your little card and box is so sweet - great idea!

Debbie Bradford on 10:09 AM CDT said...

You totally went "outside the lines" with both stamp sets. The scrapbook page and the strawberry box are fantastic!

Anne Biestefeld on 10:11 AM CDT said...

Love your projects, especially the scrapbook page.

Cat Tidwell on 10:47 AM CDT said...

That page is sooo awesome Donna! LOVE it! And wow on the chocolate deal!! I would have stocked up too, lol!

Encouraging Words on 10:54 AM CDT said...

What a wonderful auntie you are. Just hearing how your niece loves and misses you, tells me you truly are a loving, giving person. I love what you did with both cards, and due to you, I will no longer be afraid to use my own writing in my cards. I am amazed how you figured out to do the box, and am not sure I am up to that kind of thing, yet, but it looks wonderful next to that cute strawberry card. wow. I am full of inspiration.

Laura

reflections:0) on 11:12 AM CDT said...

Great post I like all the things that you made. Sweet niece!

reflections:0)

Verna Angerhofer on 11:18 AM CDT said...

What a great scrapbook page and love your card and lovely box duo as well. Great job!

Joyce T. on 11:32 AM CDT said...

love your box and your scrapbook page.

elizabeth on 11:53 AM CDT said...

Two lovely projects. Such a clever little box of treats.

paige on 12:34 PM CDT said...

Sweet projects! Love the strawberry ensemble! the scrap page is so precious!

mtscrapgal on 12:54 PM CDT said...

The box is adorable with its dots. My daaughter may move to your town. She loves those chocolates. Thanks for the great inspiration.

--Marcy on 1:05 PM CDT said...

Outstanding! What great ideas!

Debbie on 1:09 PM CDT said...

Wonderful layout and love your strawberry project!

Unknown on 2:43 PM CDT said...

Beautiful projects, I love your top 10 list, how thoughtful and loving!

Admin Inarity on 2:44 PM CDT said...

i love your scrapbook page. So sweet! Thanks for sharing.

Pam on 3:33 PM CDT said...

Donna that scrapbook page is so awesome. You are a great Auntie aren't you? Loved loved loved your ideas using the Sweet Strawberry set too. That box is way to cute any chance of getting that template?

cjgusloff57 on 4:26 PM CDT said...

Thank you for sharing the sweet story of your niece and the scrapbook pages. She is very special. Your strawberry box and card is such a cute idea too! Thanks.

Vicki Dutcher on 4:29 PM CDT said...

Awesome samples! fabulous page and adorable candy holder!

janet on 4:59 PM CDT said...

Love the box!!

Robin on 6:08 PM CDT said...

great ideas!

Caryn S on 7:48 PM CDT said...

Love how you used both stamp sets! Your LO is beautiful and that box with the swiss dot "strawberry seeds" is just too clever!

Jane said...

Really love your card and the candy box example.

Rosy Newlun on 8:19 PM CDT said...

OMG Donna, I didn't think you could outdo yourself, but YOU DID! How awesome you are aunty!!! Look at that strawberry box. You one amazing person!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Donna, such creativity!! You got it going, gf!! I love all of these pages, cards, and candy boxes! These stamps sets are a must-have! Hugz2u dear!

Sharon on 8:47 PM CDT said...

What a really cute use of the note die, I'm not surprised your niece loved it and that little purse and card, utterly adorable! (not to mention the patience of running that whole thing through your CB, that is inspiring!)

Sue D on 9:26 PM CDT said...

Great journaling on your layout and love the strawberry ensemble.

Gayle on 9:46 PM CDT said...

Love your projects, Donna, so cute.

Kay S on 9:53 PM CDT said...

A great scrapbook page! Super treat box and gift card!

Karen Denson on 12:09 AM CDT said...

Wow! What a beautiful scrapbook page. I love the box and the strawberry card. What a beautiful set. Way to go!

Kris in Alaska on 12:23 AM CDT said...

Great projects! I really love your ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Kris in Alaska
funamom at yahoo dot com

An'Jenic G. on 12:56 AM CDT said...

Oh wow great card and box. I love the deep red colors. TFS AJ!

Wendy Thompson on 4:48 AM CDT said...

Beautiful creations Donna I just love them.

Confiseries Papier on 6:37 AM CDT said...

Adorable LO.Great job!

Golda on 8:32 AM CDT said...

What fabulous projects!

Melody (lacyquilter) on 9:10 AM CDT said...

Great page and such an adorable little treat box.

Anne Biesterfeld on 9:56 AM CDT said...

Love this card. Thanks for sharing.

Sharon Harnist on 6:00 PM CDT said...

What darling projects, Donna -- your little chocolate mailbox is fabulous!! Mondo hugs!

CraftyMomFL on 11:28 PM CDT said...

Donna - these are so great! adorable - thanks

NJMullins on 11:47 PM CDT said...

These are just adorable! Every type of dot and texture! Great seet!

Carolina on 7:47 PM CDT said...

What an adorable page and love the reasons why you miss her...so endearing! That card and box set is sweet as sweet can be!

Post a Comment