Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Simple Grad card


grad

I was asked if I had a graduation card in my stash for a friend who buys my cards and I didn’t *gasp* so I made a real quick one to give her and share with you.  It’s been a while since I’ve known someone who graduated from high school, got married or had a baby so I don’t always have these types of cards sitting in my boxes!  Maybe I should change that soon!  Since I didn’t know the school colors, I went with the traditional yet classic black & white theme, I like the simplicity of the card and hope she will too.  I made some simple score lines with my scor-pal for some added interest on the left side and bottom.

I want to share that I have taken a break from sewing lately too, just haven’t felt in the mood and I was thoroughly distracted for the past 3+ weeks reading The Hunger Games trilogy.  Those books were riveting, so exciting that I wanted to stay up all night to read! I ended up reading at work during my lunch, taking them with me in case I was somewhere I could read a few lines, read at home including nearly every night before going to bed.  Sewing will resume real soon because I have to get FNSIButtonworking back on my quilt in my Quilt Class and I have the Friday Night Sew in scheduled for this Friday evening.  Yea!!  I am super excited mostly because I will be using my new sewing machine I bought a few weeks ago!  I have used it once and that thing sews like a dream, I’m so excited!  So far there are 103 of us sewing crazies signed up!  Won’t you join us??  We will share on our blogs on Saturday what we worked on and there’s always a fun giveaway for a random participant! 

Card details:
Stamps:
School, Sports, Spirit!
Cardstock: White & Black Onyx Pure Luxury cardstock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: 1 1/4” and 1 3/8” square punches, foam tape

Pin It

4 comments on "Simple Grad card"

Lori on 10:34 AM CDT said...

I like it! The scoring really does add interest. Have fun sewing Donna.

Julia Aston on 9:01 PM CDT said...

What a great grad card Donna! love the scoring lines and the CAS design!

Pat Jandacek on 11:20 AM CDT said...

I love this card and think the shading under the 'grad cap' adds a lot to it. A wonderful CAS card.

mamalea on 2:15 PM CDT said...

I like this card very much. Maybe I would eat more fish if I could fish from a place this pretty!

Post a Comment