Tuesday, January 10, 2012

All Pets go to Heaven–kitty style


cat sympathy

Here is a quick card I made for my friend *Stephanie whose kitty “Baby” died after Christmas, while she was on vacation.  It’s bad enough for it to happen while you are around, but how hard is it when you have no closure and you are thousands of miles away?  I know she was having a good time visiting family, but my heart just went out to her to have to have this to come home to.  So, I had to make her a card to let her know I care! 

I used Basket Buddies which is perfect for these occasions.  I love the soothing combination of these pure luxury cardstock colors: kraft, white, black onyx and ocean mist.  I made some simple doodles with a black memento marker around the focal image and a simple embellishment of a blue button with cotton thread and this card was done in less than 15 minutes.  Incidentally, Stephanie loves the card and it is already displayed on her desk at work (*she works with John and he told me*). 

Thanks for stopping by today! 

Pin It

1 comments on "All Pets go to Heaven–kitty style"

Madeleen on 9:07 PM CST said...

Awww, what a beautiful card Donna! It's very hard when a pet dies!

Post a Comment