Monday, March 14, 2011

The Best Days…


Are spent curled up with a good book!  Yes indeed!  I’m sure if MFTWSC10you are a book lover like me, you agree!!  This is my card for this week’s MFT sketch Wednesday (MFTWSC10).  I just loved this layout and since I have been reading more lately, I thought it would be fun to put my Well Read Who’s That Girl to some ink for it!  When you have a smaller area to work with, don’t be afraid to use just a portion of it to fit your card like I did here, I sliced off her feet at the ankles and part of the sofa is missing but it still works and looks pretty cute although now that I look at it, that sofa sure is BUSY!!  Ha.  I am reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett, it is real good!  In fact, when I get done publishing this post, I am going to read a little before I go to bed and I like to read during my lunch.  At our new office since it’s on the 2nd floor, there is a nice shaded balcony with comfy chairs to sit on so I really enjoy the escape for 30 minutes!  I used all supplies from the Key Ingredients subscription for my card. 

Gina K Designs update: I wanted to remind you that the Gina K. March release party will be this Thursday from 7:00 – 9:00 pm CST at StampTV!  Hope to see you there!

Pin It

5 comments on "The Best Days…"

Melody on 9:37 PM CDT said...

Love the colors and patterns!

Alli Miles on 9:42 PM CDT said...

Great card Donna! I love the colour choices and layout!!

Casmiles on 7:54 PM CDT said...

What a great card, Donna! And thanks for reminding us that we can cut feet and such off and not destroy the card! I, too, love to read, but don't get to as often as I'd like. I have a pile of books ready to read -- mostly dog stories right now. I've just started reading The Art of Racing in the Rain - only 2 chapters in and I'm loving it! Supposed to be rainy this weekend, and I'm hoping so so I can just curl up like your card, and READ.

Jessie/knightrone on 9:53 PM CDT said...

This is fabulous!!!q

Michelle on 7:51 AM CDT said...

Your card is so cute. I want that couch! It might be a bit busy, but it would be a fabulous focal point.

Post a Comment