Monday, April 25, 2011

Gina K Inspiration Hop: Branching Out and Follow Your Dreams


creme de menthe leaves
Welcome to our 2nd day of inspiration hops for our April release.  First up today is Melanie’s set, Branching Out which coordinates with classic circle and oval nestability dies.  I used the image with the circles on my card.  This set also coordinates nicely with several cuttlebug folders (used Leafy Branch here).  I also used a black pen to create a shadow beneath the leaves since I stamped them with such a light color green ink.  I love how it makes them stand out. 
for mom
Next up is a simple no layer card I made for Mother’s Day.  I stamped the circle directly on the card base and stamped the red flowers to create some color.  After I added some red gingham ribbon, I felt like the card needed a little something more so I grabbed some red & green scraps and made stripes on the bottom.
a- Branching Out
Here is the stamp set at a glance; click on the picture to see it in the store.  The possibilities are endless with this stamp set – Melanie will have a ton of inspiration on her blog in the weeks to come, including a tip sheet!


be the change
Our next set is by Theresa Momber called Follow Your Dreams which is lends itself to beautiful scenes!  On my first card, I used just a few stamps: cattail silhouette, smaller dragonfly and sentiment by Ghandi which I love!  The card base is our awesome new accent color Key Lime!  This is the card I sneaked a peek of last Thursday, so if you didn’t make it to the release party and see it there, now you can see it all.  
father's day boat
Next up is a scene card I attempted to sponge and I am no Theresa Momber when it comes to this, but I certainly tried!  I hope you like it too.  I love that a lot of her sets can be made masculine so it is a Father’s Day card!
a- Follow your Dreams
Here is the set at a glance and as usual, you can easily mix with other Theresa sets!
Now be sure to visit all the designer’s blogs and leave a comment on each one to increase your chance of winning a free stamp set of your choice ($23.95 value!) 4 winners will be chosen!  The winners will be posted on Gina’s blog along with the next inspiration hop. 
Thanks for stopping by and thank you for your kind comments, I appreciate each and every one!
Card#1 details
Stamps: Branching Out, Say it with Flowers
Cardstock: White, Crème de Menthe, Black Onyx
Pure Luxury
Ink: Memento New Sprout, Tuxedo Black
Accessories:
White, Black & Green Buttons, Leafy Branch Cuttlebug Folder, Black stitched ribbon
Card#2 details
Stamps: Branching Out, Notes to Mom
Cardstock: White, Key Lime, Red Hot
Pure Luxury
Ink: Wild Lime Vivid, Ladybug Memento
Accessories: red gingham ribbon
Card#3 details
Stamps: Follow Your Dreams
Cardstock: Key Lime, White, Black Onyx
Pure Luxury
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Aqua Vivid, Wild Lime Vivid
Accessories: black brads




Card#4
Stamps: Follow Your Dreams
Special Fathers
Cardstock: Kraft, Turquoise Sea, White Pure Luxury
Ink: Memento rich cocoa, Cottage Ivy, SU! Soft Sky, Cool Caribbean, Vivid Straw
Accessories: Copic markers, cloud template Pin It

148 comments on "Gina K Inspiration Hop: Branching Out and Follow Your Dreams"

JaniceAileen on 8:26 AM CDT said...

Wonderful job, Donna!

Lusiana on 8:50 AM CDT said...

Great cards, Donna. Love the colours!!

Lusiana on 8:50 AM CDT said...

Great cards, Donna. Love the colours!!

Unknown on 8:57 AM CDT said...

Your cards are wonderful Donna. Great use of the stamp sets.

Susan on 9:03 AM CDT said...

It is obvious you love these stamps Donna -- four cards -- Wow! Super job on all of them.

Su on 9:08 AM CDT said...

love the embossed background on your first card, it looks great with this set.

Cat Tidwell on 9:09 AM CDT said...

Oh so awesome Donna! Love that little 'pond' you created for the boat especially!

Teri C on 9:09 AM CDT said...

Beautiful stamp sets and projects!

jazy1m on 9:11 AM CDT said...

Awesome job Donna. I am so in love with your cards. Thanks so much for sharing.

Evette K. on 9:16 AM CDT said...

Oh Donna I love your cards. Colors and techniques are just fabulous!!!

Theresa Momber on 9:17 AM CDT said...

Donna, really fabulous samples! Each one is gorgeous!

Kary on 9:17 AM CDT said...

Hi Donna, Awesome cards!! Great colours!

Joyce Thurston said...

awesome sponging...no need to apologize at all it's perfect.

Sue on 9:19 AM CDT said...

Beautiful cards.

emilymomto3boys on 9:20 AM CDT said...

Those are all great Donna - but that Mother's Day card really is just perfect! Great job!

judybob3 on 9:22 AM CDT said...

great job!! Love the simple but gorgeous ones!! :)

Unknown on 9:26 AM CDT said...

Donna, such beautiful, beautiful cards. I think your sponging is fabulous!

Leigh M on 9:42 AM CDT said...

Beautiful Cards, Donna. Thanks for sharing.

Marsha said...

Nice cards.

Cindy on 9:44 AM CDT said...

Donna, these are all fabulous!! I love the embossed background, layout and colors on the first one. The Mom card is so clean and crisp looking!! Awesome shading on the dragonfly card! Love the colors! The Fathers day scene is so serene looking. I'd like to get in the boat!!

Unknown on 9:50 AM CDT said...

Good job Donna. I especially like the second one. Simple but elegant.

Debby on 9:52 AM CDT said...

Gosh, all of your creations are great, but the first one is my favorite. The buttons are adorable and I like how you did the embossing...great job as always.

patski said...

looks like a watercolor painting

Lynette on 9:56 AM CDT said...

WOW, I love all 4 cards. Great colors.

Nancy Abair said...

OOOHHH!!! AAAHHHH!! WOW!!! You are one creative lady!!

Sharon Harnist on 10:05 AM CDT said...

Wonderful cards, Donna -- you did a great job with your sponging!

L8ybug2 on 10:05 AM CDT said...

Beautiful! Love the colors.

Pamela Lash on 10:07 AM CDT said...

Love your treasures - so clever!
pam_lash at yahoo dot com

nannapat on 10:10 AM CDT said...

Wow! four cards & every one is stunning. You have been busy! Pat x

Rita on 10:12 AM CDT said...

Love them all! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Donna! Especially like the Happy Birthday card!

MiMi63 on 10:20 AM CDT said...

My favorite card is the mothers day card. Love the soft and simple look of that card. Very nice job on the sponging technique you used on the fathers day card.

Deanna C on 10:23 AM CDT said...

Oh, Wow! That first card is stunningly beautiful. I love the colors and the use of the embossing folder. Thanks for sharing your lovely talent.

Barbara Colbert on 10:24 AM CDT said...

These are lovely..I really like these stamp sets...they have great possibilities with designs!!

Becky on 10:28 AM CDT said...

Beautiful cards. These new stamp sets are just so versatile.

Rita on 10:29 AM CDT said...

Wow...these are all so beautiful!!!

Cynthia on 10:29 AM CDT said...

Lovely cards, Donna! The branch emboss folder is perfect on the first card.

JoanL on 10:35 AM CDT said...

Beautiful cards! Love these new stamp sets.

crotnem on 10:36 AM CDT said...

we forget sometimes simple is wonderful Yours are...

Jenny H. on 10:36 AM CDT said...

Loved what you did!!

Donna Maligno on 10:43 AM CDT said...

Very pretty cards!

Debbie B on 10:59 AM CDT said...

Very nice cards!!!

patm on 11:00 AM CDT said...

Beautiful cards.

lisa808 on 11:05 AM CDT said...

So much inspiration!

NanaConnie on 11:10 AM CDT said...

Such incredible cards! Love your sponging work, and your gentle color palette on the first card. Perhaps that one is my favorite! :-) Both these sets are on my list to buy.

Melanie on 11:17 AM CDT said...

yoou've been so busy!! I love the shadowing on the card with CB Leafy Branch, that is great touch with the pen!
The shading adds so much to the flowers and the gingham is an adroable touch!

You should do realistic sponged scens moe often, thee are really great!! :)
hugs!

Nana Griffin on 11:18 AM CDT said...

These are great! I am really beginning to love these sets after seeing all these wonderful ideas.

Sandy (Cheesy) on 11:20 AM CDT said...

Lots of work here. Thanks for all of the great ideas.

Linda on 11:33 AM CDT said...

Great cards!

Unknown on 11:35 AM CDT said...

Oh, these sets are fabulous! All of your cards are terrific but the first on is striking!

Jo on 11:36 AM CDT said...

Beautiful as usual!! Really like the embossing.

Karen on 11:41 AM CDT said...

Fabulous cards. I am loving the new images and how all of the designers are using them.

paper fun on 12:02 PM CDT said...

I love your Gandini quote card. I love how the eye is drawn into the quote.

sprgstn16 on 12:06 PM CDT said...

Very pretty cards! Thanks for sharing.

Jill on 12:07 PM CDT said...

My fav color is green--both cards are fabulous

Anonymous said...

All elegant and cute! Great job!

Gerry on 12:31 PM CDT said...

All are so very pretty. Great job!!

Laura's New Place on 12:31 PM CDT said...

So pretty, your presentation of these sets are great.

Kris in Alaska on 12:43 PM CDT said...

You did a beautiful job sponging! Love them all... lovely! TFS!

Kris in Alaska
funamom at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

it looks like you are having lots of fun with these new images..great work!
linda patti tpatti@windstream.net

Rosie Guiher on 12:46 PM CDT said...

Great cards Donna!

Unknown on 12:51 PM CDT said...

Great cards, love how beautiful these images stamp!!

Unknown on 12:52 PM CDT said...

Wonderful cards! I especially love the simple one layer card, gorgeous! thanks

HandySandy41 on 12:56 PM CDT said...

Love the colors. Both cards are beautiful. Thank you

Rae said...

Loved the simple elegance of your cards. These stamp sets lend themselves to that.

Patti J on 1:05 PM CDT said...

Donna, these are beautiful! Love that angled ribbon - great idea! Thanks for sharing!!!

Joan V on 1:08 PM CDT said...

Oh my, I love all your cards. I love the Mother's Day card. I love simple yet beautiful. Okay, I love the fact that they coordinate with the classic oval and circle spellbinder shape. I really use this set because I have those two shapes. Yeah. I love the Follow Your Dreams set, too. Thanks for sharing.

Caity Sue on 1:19 PM CDT said...

The CHANGE card is so gorgeous. I love the coloring on it...really makes it pop, that's for sure.

Unknown on 1:32 PM CDT said...

Wonderful cards, lovely, especially for me I love the 3rd one the most, an awesome job of blending your inks, such a warm pretty color!! All the cards are terrific!
Thanks
Donna Przy....

Cathy P in AZ on 1:35 PM CDT said...

What beauties! TFS!

DebbieM on 1:42 PM CDT said...

Very, very beautiful cards Donna! Love them. :)

kim on 2:00 PM CDT said...

Your cards are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

kim
k1i2m3@cox.net

POSH on 2:02 PM CDT said...

Luv the birthday card, the colors are very striking...very classy. Thanks for sharing the inspiration.

Valerie on 2:06 PM CDT said...

Beautiful! I love the addition of the shadow liner on the first card!

Vintage Rose on 2:11 PM CDT said...

Your cards are just gorgeous. Love the black with the green!!

SherylH on 2:22 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards -- the use of the detail black pen on the first card really makes it pop.

Lee on 2:30 PM CDT said...

So delicate and dainty!!! I just love the branch folder with Mel's new set!!

sandi on 2:45 PM CDT said...

Love the colors that you used on the cards. Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Thank you for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

There hasn't been one card I didn't love seeing today, what a great way to start a Monday!

Cheryl S. on 2:56 PM CDT said...

What creative uses for these wonderful new stamps sets!! Thank you for sharing your ideas with us.
Both of these new sets are terrific and so versatile.

Lynn B. on 2:59 PM CDT said...

Beautiful, Donna!

Carol on 3:01 PM CDT said...

Love all your cards, you did a great job on your fathers day card.

DebraM on 3:05 PM CDT said...

Love your cards and your sponging and colors are beautiful...very nice.

Sharon Mattingly said...

Great cards! I especially like the birthday card!

Unknown on 3:19 PM CDT said...

Donna! Donna! Donna! I just adore the Mom card! I might have to scraplift at least one thing off that card! *smile* Thanks for the inspiration.

Sue VanDeVusse on 3:30 PM CDT said...

These are all gorgeous! I love how you pay attention to little details.

Xiongness on 3:35 PM CDT said...

I love the raised effect on the first card. Borrowing that idea okay? Thanks!

sandi on 3:41 PM CDT said...

I have come back to your page several times, I just think your cards are great!!!!Thank you, Thank you,Thank you for sharing and the inspiration I get from you.

Joan on 3:48 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards! Love those stamp sets!

Sue D on 3:50 PM CDT said...

Wow--fabulous cards!

Nancy R Grimes on 3:59 PM CDT said...

Love these sets. I has been fun seeing all of the different cards one can make with them. Thanks for sharing.

Peggy on 4:30 PM CDT said...

All the cards are lovely. The first is my favorite.
God bless,
PeggyS

golf_meg on 4:34 PM CDT said...

I think I need these stamps. Beautiful

bernietom47 on 5:24 PM CDT said...

Oh My the embossed background on your first card goes perfectly with this stamp! Stunning! Wonderful cards.
Blessings Bernie

Gayle on 5:33 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards, Donna. Love the colors; great job.

Verna Angerhofer on 5:38 PM CDT said...

What a great stamp set and love how you used the small leaves with the Cuttlebug embossing folder leaf pattern.

Sandy on 5:43 PM CDT said...

Wonderful cards. Since green is my favorite color, I'm partial to that one.

Crafty Math Chick on 6:09 PM CDT said...

You have really outdone yourself today Donna, so many terrific cards! I love how the cuttlebug folder coordinates so well with Melanie's set and your CAS card is so pretty.

Unknown on 6:09 PM CDT said...

Donna, love these cards! Very beautiful, love your creative use with the ribbon on the first card.

Anonymous said...

Donna, good golly on crack. I don't even know where to start! That birthday card and its greens, well, I absolutely stinkin love it!! That Mom card is way beyond beautiful and elegant in its simplicity, and both of those cards with the gorgeous backgrounds, well, I'm running out of adjectives that won't make me sound like I'm spouting straight from the dictionary. Four projects and each outstanding.

Brenda on 6:28 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards Donna!

Anonymous said...

Great cards.
Jean McGee

Neesey on 6:49 PM CDT said...

Both of your cards are amazing. I love the combination of the Leafy Branch embossing folder with the stamp sentiment. Wonderful.

Unknown on 6:55 PM CDT said...

I have been trying to do the inking on embossed areas. I keep getting ink everywhere!! Any ideas or what you think I might be doing wrong. They are good impressions, not pressing hard..yet I get it everywhere - any advice?
Thanks
Jackie
jmpresearch@gmail.com

Bertha W on 6:59 PM CDT said...

Loved your first card - loved the inking of the embossed areas. Nice touch.

Dottie Watson on 7:05 PM CDT said...

Nice use of the color green..Love your lovely cards.
Hugs,
Dottie

Brenda B on 7:08 PM CDT said...

Like your cards, colors and designs!

Anonymous said...

Oh Donna these are all beautiful. LOve the color combo of the first.
crafty teacher

Debbie Bradford on 7:30 PM CDT said...

The first card is my favorite and all are wonderful! Thanks for sharing your talents and joy with us.

Golda on 7:32 PM CDT said...

Absolutely gorgeous.

MyAuntKath on 8:00 PM CDT said...

Oh Donna I love these cards! Kathie

Parker on 8:12 PM CDT said...

You've sure put Branching Out and Follow Your Dreams stamp sets to work! Great job, and thanks for sharing.

Darla on 8:13 PM CDT said...

These are fabulous!!! That shadow you drew on the branch and leaves really makes them pop!! Gorgeous!!!!

Anonymous said...

All of your cards are just beautiful!

Betty on 8:34 PM CDT said...

Both just blow me away! Great job.

Vicki Dutcher on 8:46 PM CDT said...

Gorgeous cards!!

Lynne on 8:47 PM CDT said...

Beautiful coloring. Like the way you highlighted the leaves on the embossed leaves.

Sharman on 8:57 PM CDT said...

Great cards. Love how you coordinated the cuttelbug folder with the stamp. Beautiful job on all the cards.

Monica on 9:08 PM CDT said...

Your cards are both beautiful!! Love the scene on the second card! Gorgeous!

Karen on 9:18 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards.

Karen on 9:34 PM CDT said...

Gorgeous cards. These are wonderful stamp sets!

Traci on 9:48 PM CDT said...

Wonderful job. So appreciated. Thank you for sharing. ;0)

Lagene on 9:49 PM CDT said...

WOW! Your cards are Awesome!

Karen (TLgirl353) on 9:56 PM CDT said...

Donna- Your cards are all beautiful! Great job!

Giovana on 10:15 PM CDT said...

Beautiful job Donna!

Kelly on 10:17 PM CDT said...

I love all of your cards Donna! I think the first one is my favorite though. I love how it coordinates with the cuttlebug folder!

cjgusloff57 on 10:25 PM CDT said...

Very nice cards! I have that same Cuddlebug folder, guess I had better buy the stamp sets! Great job!

Carol on 10:26 PM CDT said...

Beautiful projects! Thanks for sharing!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

jean w. on 11:00 PM CDT said...

Wow four cards Donna! You are some creative woman! thanks for sharing them!

Janeen on 11:11 PM CDT said...

all that green is so refreshing.

Nana Jo on 11:13 PM CDT said...

Love your cards - especially the first two.
mmlmn at polarcomm dot com

SandyK on 11:14 PM CDT said...

I really like the colors you achieved in your cards. Beautiful.

Paulette S on 11:23 PM CDT said...

Love your cards! They are all beautiful. This hop is so long, I'm at least an hour in already. LOL

Betty Neville on 11:46 PM CDT said...

These are all beautiful Donna! Great job showcasing these sets!

Unknown on 12:38 AM CDT said...

Donna, you've done some great work & given me some more ideas. TFS

AJ on 12:45 AM CDT said...

ahh- GMTA!! Except I do not have that MOM sentiment- I had to use stickers!! :)

Ravengirl on 12:59 AM CDT said...

Wow, amazing work Donna. I am especially loving your outlined leaves and your Ghandi quote card!

sghay on 2:19 AM CDT said...

Such gorgeous cards!

Bonnie on 4:29 AM CDT said...

Wonderful cards. Love the soft colors.

Beastybunny on 10:27 AM CDT said...

Lovely cards. So lovely and a great use of color.

JessicaK on 10:56 AM CDT said...

Wonderful set here, Donna. The leafy embossed background with the Branching Out circle, I think that's my fave - so classic and pretty. And could be a gift to a girl or a boy :D.

Susan on 11:27 AM CDT said...

You certainly outdid yourself. Love all of these cards.

bluemoon on 3:35 PM CDT said...

Your sponging is fantastic, WOW! Beautifully done!

Arlene on 5:40 PM CDT said...

Love the cards you made. Keep it up and thank you.

Diana on 10:50 PM CDT said...

Loved your cards, especially liked the one with the embossed branch as the background

Lorraine on 11:21 PM CDT said...

Wow, four beautiful creations! I love the ones where you created the scenes!

stampqueen on 11:34 PM CDT said...

What a great bunch of cards!!!

Jessie/knightrone on 10:08 PM CDT said...

Wow, girl!! They are all fabulous!!

Post a Comment