Monday, August 15, 2011

Mix It Up Monday Challenge: Striped Background


mixitupmonday banner
STVMONDB3a
Hi there and Happy Monday!  I say that because not everyone thinks or believes Mondays can be happy but personally, they are not all that bad to me.  Sure it means ‘work’ is here and the fun of the weekend is over but the week holds so much promise to be a great one and I just believe in being and thinking positively!  So HAPPY MONDAY!  Another reason Mondays are happy is because at StampTV, we bring you the Mix It Up Monday challenge (click to go directly to the challenge) and YOU can win free stamps!  What is better than that?!?
STVMONDB3
I am hosting today's challenge, so I wanted to share with you the card I made where I made a striped background, drawing inspiration from the little romper outfit I bought to give to my co-worker whose wife gave birth to their first little boy.  I knew my Wee Tees set would be perfect to mimic the little dinosaur on there too.  My co-worker was impressed I made the card, especially with the matching striped background!  I got a really nice thank you card from his wife the next morning, it was sweet. 
It is really easy to make a striped background.  All you have to do is choose your marker colors (I used Copics because they have different size tips), then line up your cardstock square to be sure your lines come out straight.  I placed mine on my scor-mat's grid to get my ruler lined up perfectly.  Then, I varied the widths between marker colors and had fun creating my own background.  This is great when you want to branch out from using pattern paper on your cards as background interest.  I created a simple frame for my focal image by tracing a rectangle nestability die. Then, I covered up the center to do my marker lines.

I hope you will find some time to play along this week; remember, you don’t have to use Gina K stamps to play along, but if you do, you will get your name in the drawing twice and increase your chances of winning a free stamp set valued at $24.95 or less!  So have fun creating your striped background!! Pin It

1 comments on "Mix It Up Monday Challenge: Striped Background"

Rose Ann on 8:07 PM CDT said...

This is so adorable, Donna...and your background is perfect!! I can totally see why the happy couple was impressed with your card!! :)

Post a Comment