Saturday, August 6, 2011

A New Purse for me…


new purse
Hi there!  I thought it was about time I shared a sewing project I completed a while ago but have not shared yet.  I LOVE purses and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that now I can find a purse style I LOVE and fabric I LOVE and make a purse I LOVE!  I found this purse on Skip To My Lou and it’s called the One Hour Bag but if I recall correctly, it took me a bout two but that’s o.k.!   It was fun to make and these are fabrics I found at my local Hancock fabrics pretty reasonably!  I wish I could remember how much they cost but I don’t since it’s been a while, all I know is I did find them in the clearance section! 
button strap detail
Here is the strap and button detailing on the sides.  I covered my own button, it’s so easy and fun to coordinate your creations that way.  I didn’t end up using that yellow fabric anywhere on the bag other than the button though since this just called for 2 fabrics.  Oh well.  Still think it’s cute.
inside pocket
Lastly, here is a view of the inside pocket where I keep my keys so they are easy to grab!  Maybe next time I will try my hand at am inside pocket where I found this awesome tutorial and pinned it for future reference.
I am currently working on a lot of projects and at the top of my to do list is to get some of my hand sewn creations on here for sale!  I just have to have several hours to devote to putting up TABS on my blog, get registered for a paypal button and list the creations I have ready to sell.  Be looking for it soon! 
Thanks for stopping by and hope you’re having a great weekend!!
Linking here: Sew Darn Crafty; Sew Much Ado; Passionately Artistic; Sewplicity; Six Sisters Stuff; Skip To My Lou; Somewhat Simple; Trendy Trees; Just a girl ; 504Main; I{heart}naptime; To Sew With Love; SundayShowcase; 30 handmade days; Pin It

13 comments on "A New Purse for me…"

Unknown on 2:48 PM CDT said...

Wow! You are a sewing maniac, you go girlfriend. Gorgeous purse and the yellow button matches wonderfully.

buggin2stamp on 6:51 PM CDT said...

This gorgeous! I love the pattern and colors.

nicke on 9:56 AM CDT said...

Beautiful sweetpea and the other purses / makeup/mobile fone bags are extremely pretty keep sewing hun you have talent me i cant sew for toffee as they say maybe a running stitch here and then but thats it lol lovely work tho Donna

annies home on 7:19 PM CDT said...

super cute

Casey on 7:36 PM CDT said...

I love this fabric. How lucky you were to come upon it. Make a stunning bag.

~Beth D. on 12:12 AM CDT said...

I'm with you! I love purses, need to make more!!

Renee V on 4:55 AM CDT said...

Turquoise button gathered clutch is my fave! Beautiful rich color!!

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home on 11:05 AM CDT said...

What a beautiful bag. I love the colors. If you get a chance I would love you to link your purse up to More the Merrier Monday. It lasts through Wednesday so you have plenty of time to stop by. See you there. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I love the vivid colors!

Rose Ann on 3:45 PM CDT said...

Your purse is so pretty, and I love the fabric, Donna!!

Chef in Training on 11:23 AM CDT said...

This is so pretty! you did a great job! And what a beautiful fabric choice! I found your blog through a link party and love it! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out mine and follow me too! Thanks!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Carolyn King on 4:03 PM CDT said...

wow...Donna...that is beautiful. you go girl. What a great idea to sell your sewing creations. you are talented. Love your gnome card too (below!)
Hope you are doing well! xo

Unknown on 7:33 AM CDT said...

such a pretty purse! love the fabric, too. thanks for sharing this with us and we hope to see you again at the party this week. have a fab weekend!


hugs,
Lelanie

Post a Comment