Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fires - please pray!!


To all my readers out there, whether I have heard from you or not...I covet your prayers right now for Texas that is suffering devastation from wildfires.  It is so surreal. 

Here is a link where I get most of my information if you'd like to check it out http://austin.ynn.com/ - the fires are ZERO contained on Day 3 of the fires, it's just so unreal.

We are about 8 miles southwest of Bastrop, to give you some idea of geography.  About 1:30 yesterday, after hearing a CLOSER street to us needing to evacuate, I decided to leave (John was out with friends at the time).  We are at John's dad's house with our cat Elsie and are looking forward to going back home, but only if it is safe.  2 fires broke out just a few miles from our home yesterday and that was too close for comfort.  We are both at work today, but of course we are having a hard time concentrating. 

John's co-worker who does not live very far from us had their house looted.  I heard there is extra law enforcement to prevent this, but it just shocks me there are people with no regard for the pain & suffering others are going through that they disrespect in that manner. 

Many families' lives have been uprooted by these fires and my heart goes out to them.  Please pray for them as well and pass on the information to others who like to pray for those in need!

Will keep you posted and thank you!! Pin It

12 comments on "Fires - please pray!!"

Rose Ann on 1:35 PM CDT said...

I didn't realize you were so close to the fires, Donna. (((HUGS))) I've been praying about these fires and will continue to do so. Stay safe, sweetie!! ♥

Unknown on 1:36 PM CDT said...

Oh! I saw that on the news. You are in my prayers, stay safe! Big Hugs! Leah Ann

Scrapacat on 4:46 PM CDT said...

Donna - I have been praying for all of you in Texas. I spent 17 years working wildfires, so I know first-hand all the drama, trauma, and pain associated with it. It is such a sad commentary on humanity to hear that people are looting evacuated homes. Sending you all my support and love, knowing God listens to His children!
♥ky

Unknown on 6:52 PM CDT said...

I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this Donna! I have put you on my bedside prayer list so your names will be lifted nightly. Stay safe and keep us posted! <3

buggin2stamp on 7:37 AM CDT said...

I've been praying for you Donna. My heart sunk when I read Melanie's post. So glad you are safe. Hugs!
Melissa

Karen Motz on 8:32 AM CDT said...

Donna, I was thinking about you when I heard about the fires. I thought they were in your area. You're in my thoughts girlie! Hugs!

Karinn on 11:39 AM CDT said...

Oh my! I am so sorry for all that everyone is going through, and will be praying too. We live in the desert of northern NV and see so many miles of burned areas from lightning and careless smokers, and even motorbikes sparking a fire every year. It can be so scary, much more than any earthquakes out here. I really feel for you. Take care and do keep us updated.

lil-paper-pixie on 12:34 PM CDT said...

How awful, I can't begin to image what this must be like, how awful that people loot the houses of the people that have had to run to safety, it disgusts me!!! I will be thinking about you and all the poor people whose homes are threatened by fire and looters, stay safe.x

Unknown on 1:49 PM CDT said...

How scary, I didn't realize it was so close to you! Praying for the safety of your home, and certainly for you and John, but you are smart enough to leave with your kitty. Love and prayers, Lori

MichelleH said...

Praying, Donna! What a scary time for you all.

Patty Sue 2 on 7:35 PM CDT said...

I am praying for you. We live in Idaho and just have smoke in our air from the fires around us. I can't imagine what it must be like with the fires in your backyard. I hope every looter is caught and penalized the maximum of the law!

Jessie/knightrone on 4:25 PM CDT said...

I kept an eye on you on Facebook, but I am so happy to hear that you are safe, and your house wasn't affected. It breaks my heart to hear of the devastation in Texas, and then you said something about looting. Seriously, what is wrong with people???

Post a Comment