Thursday, September 8, 2011

Update on the fires in Central Texas


We are back home from the evacuation and our house is fine but the devastation continues, it’s so surreal.  1386 homes in the Bastrop area have been lost, 28 in Cedar Creek where we live.  Of course there were other homes lost but the loss of lives has been at a minimum which is great (2 that we have heard of). 

I took a mental health day off work on Thursday, I just needed a good day of rest and that I did, as well as lots of housework.  I do housework when I am upset.  Most of our windows are cleaned, the floors were mopped, a few other miscellaneous stuff complete, 2 naps taken, a little tv watched.  What I did not do was sew or stamp, had no desire to do so.  A few things were put in perspective the past few days, that’s all I’m saying. 

Thank you for your comments, prayers and thoughts.  Please keep them coming for those who are in need, who have lost their homes or loved ones. 

Pin It

1 comments on "Update on the fires in Central Texas"

Vanessa on 9:21 AM CDT said...

"A few things were put in perspective the past few days, that’s all I’m saying." I bet!!! The Lord has His ways of reminding us that He is on the throne and He wants to be the best love. I am relieved your house is ok!

Post a Comment