Monday, June 8, 2009

CAS17 & 18: Pretty Bear


CAS17 CAS18 pretty bear

I managed to miss last week’s Clean & Simple Challenge so I figured I would combine it with this week’s so I can stay current. It’s the only challenge at SCS I have been committed to so I may as well follow-through!

For last week’s challenge {CAS17}, we were to draw inspiration from beach totes/towels and I used the little bear hooded towel below so I could use my newly released Giving Tree sets Whimsical Wishes Beary Special & Beary Special accessories, by Taylored Expressions!

bear

For this week’s challenge {CAS18}, we are to use pinks/corals, kraft & one other color cardstock. I chose to use pattern paper, prism cardstock colors & embellishments from the April Key Ingredient Subscription kit by Taylored Expressions, because it fit the feel I set out to achieve for my pretty bear!

I colored my bear with prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless mineral spirits and placed a paper-pieced bow by the bear’s ear to make her pretty! I can’t help but smile when I look at this bear!

Remember, a portion of the sale of each of these sets goes to a worthy cause, The Hospital for Sick Children (Sick Kids) a health-care community dedicated to improving the health of children. Their mission is to provide the best in family-centered, compassionate care, to lead in scientific and clinical advancement, and to prepare the next generation of leaders in child health. The hospital is located in Canada, but is known around the world for its innovation and leadership in research. You can read more about their much needed and very effective work by visiting their website. I just knew when I first saw this set it was going to become my favorite and you will see another reason why soon when I have a special Stamp a Sweet Impression project to share with you!

Pin It

6 comments on "CAS17 & 18: Pretty Bear"

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com on 11:40 PM CDT said...

I love this card! Great coloring, your bear looks so soft & sweet!

Melanie Muenchinger on 3:44 AM CDT said...

i really like the white pencil on that!

Cat Tidwell on 6:32 AM CDT said...

Ahhh How sweet is this card!! I LOVE it! It looks awesome colored on the kraft! What yummy paper too! LOVE it Donna!!

Jennie on 8:10 AM CDT said...

This is such a sweet card Donna. Love the highlighting you did with the white pen. Really sets it off nicely! Nice dp too :o) Have a great day!

Lori on 9:44 AM CDT said...

Beautiful and so sweet. Your highlighting looks super!

Ila on 11:35 AM CDT said...

So Adorable!! I love the soft coloring, highlights and pretty paper!!...Hugs, Ila

Post a Comment