Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Taylored Expressions Sweet Release Peek Day 1


teddy backpack

I am beyond thrilled to share samples using the most adorable  new Whimsical Wishes set by Taylored Expressions!   A portion of the sales of these 2 sets will be donated to a very worthy charity, Sick Kids as part of the TE Giving Tree charitable program, which is near & dear to illustrator Nancy McKinney’s heart as her family has benefited from this organization.  Please visit Nancy’s blog today for more information on how her son Henri’s story. 

I bet I’m not alone in thinking the stamping community could use another teddy bear set!  I remember being excited about SU!’s favorite teddy bear so many years ago and had fun with it, but with only one teddy bear, I found myself somewhat limited in my creations.  Not anymore, because with the Beary Special set and Beary Special accessories, you will have countless ways to create cards, scrapbook pages, gift items, etc. with many stuffed animals, not just teddy bears!!  I won’t say anymore but I’m sure you will sneak peeks at the other design team members blogs & see more than what I have to share! 

On my first card, you will see I used the teddy bear inside the backpack image and I paper-pieced my backpack, see?  Already having fun with it!  I wanted to make a girly card to send to my adorable niece and found the perfect sized miniature bear to tuck inside the fun pink, grey & black mini backpack {which I found when on the hunt for another camera bag and snagged for only $1.36 at Hobby Lobby – score!}  I replaced the ribbon around the teddy’s neck with ribbon I used on my card, which, along with the cute pink felt button, you can get at Taylored Expressions.

birthday moneky

This next card uses the sweet little monkey in the set, as well as some of the Beary Special Accessories to make this a sweet monkey spreading some birthday cheer!!  I used fellow design team member Karen Giron’s Sweet Sunday Sketch 15 for my card, which I thought would showcase my Basic Grey Cupcake papers & brads perfectly!  This card is so cheerful to me! 

boy bear

My last card, because I couldn’t just pick one to show you, they are all my favorites, uses a sitting bear and I gave him a few special details like patches, anyone ever have any special stuffed animals that needed patching growing up?  I did, but it was a monkey (I’ll save that story for when I share my patchwork monkey card).  I also gave this teddy a cute paper-pieced cap.  I used the Father’s Day key ingredients on this card since I was making it boy!  I used the big button from the embellishments in the key ingredients, and slapped a paper circle on it to match. 

A few reminders for you and I’ll be done!  In order to save costs on manufacturing and be able to donate even more to charity, these sets do not come die cut like Taylored Expressions stamps normally do.  But if you have some scissors, you can trim them from the sheet of rubber pretty easily. 

As always, you will find more details on Taylor’s blog.  These sets will be available Friday morning June 5th at 10:00 am CST. 

I will leave you with another picture from our trip to CA of our nephew since I plan to send him the patchwork teddy card.  I can’t believe how he’s changed over the months - it amazes me.  I just love this picture, it reminds me how quickly Joseph took to his Nino John, always climbing up on him to relax or be held, you can see how much he adores him here.  Great, fun memories! 

nino & kids 

If you stuck with me through his whole post, thanks!  I know I was long winded! 

Be sure to hop on over to Taylor’s blog as well as the Baker’s Dozen for more peeks of these adorable charitable giving sets! 

Taylor VanBruggen
Ana Wohlfahrt
Charmaine Ikach
Dawn Easton
Denise Marzec
Jen Del Muro
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Laura Frederickson
Lori Schmidlin
Sankari Wegman

Pin It

19 comments on "Taylored Expressions Sweet Release Peek Day 1"

Denise Marzec on 10:15 AM CDT said...

Adorable cards, Donna!! Love the papers you picked to go with each image.

Great picture of your family too. Very sweet!

Taylor on 10:25 AM CDT said...

Cute, cute cards Donna! I love your matching mini backpack... what a wonderful gift set! And seeing the bear wearing the baseball cap is so fun!

Alex on 10:39 AM CDT said...

Oh these are all so cute Donna, I just love that sweet teddy! What a wonderful gift set too with the matching backpack! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Nancy on 10:51 AM CDT said...

WOW! Donna, these are adorable and you've shown the versatility of these sets. How do I get my hands on one of those miniature teddys and darling backpacks up here in Canada???
~Nancy

Karen Giron on 11:26 AM CDT said...

Your niece is going to go crazy over that little bear backpack, that is darling! I love your little monkey card too - great job with the sketch!! Very, very sweet!!

Karen Motz on 11:29 AM CDT said...

Donna, I can see why you showed all three...I can't choose a favourite one either!!! They're all SO adorable. Your niece will LOVE the backpack and card, and the birthday monkey really shows the images (your colouring and shading is amazing too), and who can resist a patchwork teddy! Just wonderful Donna!!!

Jami on 11:30 AM CDT said...

Donna all 3 of your cards are really addorable, but making one with a matching mini backpack and bear - WOW how fun is that!?!!

Jen del Muro on 12:28 PM CDT said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!!! These are awesome creations!!

Melody on 1:09 PM CDT said...

This is the cutest set! And I love your cards!

Monika/Buzsy on 1:28 PM CDT said...

Super cute cards Donna! Love the cute teddy and the great accessories... great color combos. TFS!

Silke Ledlow on 2:21 PM CDT said...

AWWWWWW - Donna - all three of your cards are sooooo darn cute!!! Love your take on the sneak peek :) ~S~

Sankari Wegman on 4:45 PM CDT said...

I LOVE all your cards Donna!! Seriously - loving lovin that backpack project!!! Your niece is going to love it!! HOw perfect!!! The little cutie monkey is adorable - your colring is awesome and the papers you picked are perfect - and the patchy teddy bear are sooo cute!! LOVE it! I had a patchy teddy bear too!

Sending you big hugs on your bday!!!
LOTS of hugs,
Sankari :)

Jodi Collins on 7:37 PM CDT said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY girlie!!! These cards are all just WONDERFUL!!! You are AMAZING girlie!!!

Dawn Easton on 8:33 PM CDT said...

Happy Birthday Donna!!! Hope you are having a special day!
Love all three cards...each one is amazing!

Jackie Pedro on 12:28 AM CDT said...

All three cards are darling, Donna!!

Laurie Schmidlin on 10:28 AM CDT said...

Donna, your cards are all SO wonderful! The backpack gift set is just perfect...I'm sure your niece will love it!

I hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!
Hugs, Laurie

Carolina on 6:32 PM CDT said...

Soooo adorable! Beary, beary sweet, but the backpack card is by far my favorite!

The photo of the kids with John is just precious!!!

Jessie/knightrone on 3:11 PM CDT said...

OMGosh, how on earth is is possible that they are that BIG!! What a couple of CUTIE PIES!!

Love the cards too!!

Melanie Muenchinger on 3:46 AM CDT said...

super cute!

Post a Comment