Saturday, July 18, 2009

CAS23: Stretch the Cat


CAS23 stretch

Ha Ha!!  I had a lot of fun making this card for the Clean & Simple challenge on SCS this week {CAS23} Show us your artwork!  I found the below print of stretch the cat tipping the scales at 30 lbs and thought Ms. Poose would be perfect to recreate this print!  I grabbed my Starving Artistamps set Classic Decor with Ms. Poose, the picture frame turned scale and food bowl, masking and sponging the background and custom coloring Ms. Poose (I mean Stretch).

lowell-herrero-stretch-kelley

I feel for this kitty, so much so that I want to share with you some pictures of one of our cats who used to be pretty overweight for years, until last Summer when we took her to the vet because we realized she was losing weight.  She was diagnosed with Toxoplasmosis (a parasite) and it was so sad to see her wasting away over the months.  There were times when we just were not sure if she would get better and would get so emotional about what would happen to her.  Below are before and after pictures  so you can see she lost weight (at one point she was up to 11 lbs and then dropped to under 6 lbs and that’s too much for a cat to lose)!   It wasn’t until about a month ago that one of my friends came over to visit (who is into healthy, natural stuff) and she suggested we feed Chica people food that she started to get better.  I can’t even tell you how much $ we spent at the vet with office visits, lab work, changing food, etc.  I started to feed her tuna and she LOVES it and is getting better and we are so happy about it!  

Pin It

5 comments on "CAS23: Stretch the Cat"

Unknown on 2:41 PM CDT said...

Awww, love the name... Chica! Glad she's better. I would be so devastated if my Kato got sick. He is the most affectionate cat I've ever known, always wanting to be close to people -- when anyone here is working on a project, he'll lay right on top of it just to be part of what's going on. If I ignore him, he'll "head bump" or tap with his paw until he gets attention. BTW, your coloring is awesome! Have a wonderful weekend!

Carolina on 4:01 PM CDT said...

You nailed the CAS challenge and thanks for sharing pics of Chica...glad she's better!

Jessie/knightrone on 4:03 PM CDT said...

This is totally cute!!

buggin2stamp on 8:44 AM CDT said...

Your little Chica is so cute. Makes me miss my kitties. And I love your card. Looks just like the original.

Lori on 3:16 PM CDT said...

I love your card, but I really love your Chica saga. I just came from Understand Blue's blog where she was celebrating her kitty cats birthday. I just love cats!

Post a Comment