Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Clean and Simple Challenge cards


CAS20 ice cream

As the perpetually late challenge participator, here is a card I made using the Clean and Simple Challenge {CAS20} paper-piecing.  In my defense, I actually made both these cards the week of the challenges, just have not shared them on my blog yet.  I realized after I took the picture that the main panel should have been shifted to the left a little, though!!  I used the ice cream sundae from the new Gina K. Designs set 100% Sweet and paper-pieced the dish with Basic Grey Lime Rickey. 

CAS21 sparkle

This other card is for the Clean and Simple Challenge (CAS21} Make it Sparkle!  I needed a card to send as encouragement to my step-MIL’s BIL Bill, who has been very ill since the Fall.  I just wanted him to know he’s in our thoughts & prayers.  I made sure the card was masculine, using the Lazy Days of Summer sailboat and the color challenge from StampTV last week, hosted by Carla, one of last month’s Center Stage Spotlight DT members.  It was to use blue/gray/amethyst, -moss/pine -sand/brown.  I chose Night of Navy, Mellow Moss and Soft Sand.  On the navy panel, I stamped the checker pattern from Ribbon Stripes (sorry it doesn’t show very well). 

sparkle

Here is the close up of my sparkle, just from a silver copic atyou spica pen.  I wanted to keep it very simple & clean.  Mission Accomplished.  I hope he liked the card.

Exciting things are coming from Gina K. Designs this week!  Can’t wait to share more with you!!

Pin It

6 comments on "Clean and Simple Challenge cards"

Shannan Teubner on 8:44 PM CDT said...

These are fabulous, Donna!

Jessie/knightrone on 9:37 PM CDT said...

They are both wonderful!! Love them!!

Julia Aston on 11:28 AM CDT said...

Pretty cards Donna - love that ice cream sundae - Yum!!! and what a thoughtful card to let someone know they are prayed for!

Terri Fleming on 11:49 AM CDT said...

Great cards. I especially like the piecing on the ice cream Sunday, and the sailor's knot and sparkle on the sailboat. I really like the CAS challenges too. Oh, and I'm usually late!

Rose Ann on 3:25 PM CDT said...

Your sundae looks delish (I love the colors and layout), and your masculine card is perfect (I hope Bill is doing okay)! Great cards, Donna!!

Carolina on 4:14 PM CDT said...

You are seriously rocking CAS challenges...but I knew you would! Love them.

Post a Comment