Tuesday, November 8, 2011

All pets go to Heaven–missing Shelby


circle c card

Sorry I haven’t posted in a while; my evenings are filled with housework, cooking and relaxing lately so not much energy or time to stamp during the week.  By the time the weekend rolls around, there are more chores to do and more relaxing and of course socializing activities, before I know it, the time gets away from me – but I am still here! 

This is a card I made a few months ago to send to our former vet that we used to take Shelby to.  Shelby was our sweet dog who was 13+ years old and we had loved and enjoyed having around for 11 of those years!  She got a tumor in her mouth/throat back in May and we had to put her to sleep on my birthday this year (it happened so fast).  It was the worst birthday ever for me, from start to finish; so painful to say good bye to her but we knew it was the best decision to make, just the timing sucked.  I also put the picture of her inside the card to them.  Everyone at that vet office was always so caring and genuinely loves all the pets they care for!  I will never forget the first time I took Shelby there and Dr. Rafferty loved on her for a little while and got down on the floor with her before he examined her.  He never put her on that cold table top.  That made a lasting impression with me. 

I used Melanie’s Basket Buddies for my card and kept the card clean & simple.  The lined paper is Basic Grey Basics Manila and I just traced the inside of a nestability oval to put the dog silhouette inside.  The pure luxury cardstock I used is Kraft for the base and chocolate is layered behind the pattern paper.  I love the row of paw prints on the card and mimicked that on the envelope. 

I am sure they put the card & her picture in an album and have it displayed on their table; I always enjoyed looking through the albums and magazines while we waited in the office.  I will always think very fondly of everyone who worked at Circle C Animal Hospital and cared for our pets. 

I am also glad I have a stamp set geared toward sympathy for the loss of a pet; those who have pets and have experienced the loss knows how much it means to have someone care enough to send a card during a time like this.  In fact, I got a card from my middle sister Deana just a few days later that she handpicked at the store for me.  It touched my heart, she definitely knows how hard this was for me, as she was the first person I called to tell what happened that day, and we both cried on the phone together.   Shelby will always be in my heart, I am grateful she spent 8 months with us at the property, she enjoyed it a lot!! 

Thanks for stopping by today, promise to have something more cheerful to share next time.     

Pin It

5 comments on "All pets go to Heaven–missing Shelby"

Anonymous said...

So sorry to see this post about Shelby; she looked so sweet! I am praying for comfort for your heart, Donna - they are definitely our "fur-babies" and mean so much to us...
Hugz2u,
Sharon J. Jones

Vanessa on 7:42 AM CST said...

Awww Donna, what a sweet card and great photo of Shelby.

Cat Tidwell on 8:29 AM CST said...

What an awesome card to send to the vet Donna! So sad that you needed to though, I so understand how it feels...it's been almost 3 years now that we had to put Freckles to sleep and I STILL miss her to this day!

Unknown on 7:38 PM CST said...

Wonderful card Donna, and so sorry for your loss, our dear pets are such an integral part of our lives, and I have loved and lost many a pet, so I know the loss your feeling. God bless and hope that some day, you will bless your lives with another furry friend in need of some loving and spoiling!!
Take care,
Hugs
Donna

Unknown on 6:10 PM CST said...

What a great pic of Shelby. I'm sure your vet and office staff loved to receive it, they do love our pets just like we do. I haven't been out and about in blog land either and my mojo is on vacation or something. Take care!

Post a Comment