Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Blessings and Décor!


thanksgiving blessings

Happy Thanksgiving to my American readers who are celebrating with yummy food, family & friends today!   First, I have to share a card I mass produced (just 4) to send to family I wish we were able to celebrate with and we miss.  It came together real quickly (even with all the coloring, which I did with prismacolor pencils blended with odorless mineral spirits).  I just got the new cuttlebug embossing folder (Grace’s Frame) after seeing Melanie use it on several of her cards.  I think it lends a particular elegance to your cards which I like!  I combined Holiday Basket and Basket Additions for a Basket of Blessings on Thanksgiving.  The stamps are on pure luxury ivory and my card base is Pumpkin Spice.

fabric dishcloths close up

Next up I have a few sewing shares for you.  I was so excited to find some dish towels at Wal-Mart for less than $6 I believe for 2.  They are a waffle weave and very soft.  I sewed a piece of fabric, folding over the edge 1/8” and topstitching.  EASY!  I love how they add a pop of color to the boring white dish towels.  I bought extra so I can make some for Christmas too.  These would make a great gift to wrap around a homemade loaf of bread or line a basket of home baked cookies as a gift too. 

1 yd table runner & napkins

Then I made a one yard table runner I got a pattern for during our quilt bus trip my friend Stephanie and I took back in July.  It was simple to make and I love that it is reversible.  The print fabric is on the other side.  This is what our Thanksgiving table will look like.  I finished these a few weeks ago.  Yea, another thing crossed off my ever growing  to do list!

IMG_3586

I also made some matching napkins, using my rolled hem foot that came with my machine.  Here is a photo of what the hem looks like.  I tell you, it is FANCY and I am so glad I have it!  It was super easy to use and I have grand plans to make lots of napkins!  In fact, I already made a table runner from fabric I got in Santa Fe, NM for my sister and brother-in-law who have decorated their kitchen Southwestern.  I just have to make their napkins and will share in a future post. 

I hope you and your family have a Blessed Thanksgiving and enjoy all your time together with loved ones. 

I am Thankful for you, my readers!  Thank you for stopping by!  Check back tomorrow a.m. for details on the Gina K Black Friday Special! 

Pin It

4 comments on "Thanksgiving Blessings and Décor!"

Unknown on 10:25 AM CST said...

Have a fantastic Day! Your home looks great and love the card too.

Jessie/knightrone on 7:32 PM CST said...

You are so craft, and awesome!! Love the card, and the decor!

Rose Ann on 7:31 PM CST said...

Your card is so festive and pretty...and I love your soft coloring, and embossing!! Your towels, runner, and napkins look so lovely in your home, Donna!!

FlyAwayHome on 5:36 PM CST said...

Great job on your table linens and what a sweet card.

Post a Comment