Saturday, December 31, 2011

2nd & 3rd Publication share–January 2012 CardMaker Magazine


I am so excited to finally share the 2 cards I got accepted back in July from CardMaker magazine’s January 2012 issue!  This year was exciting for me in that a goal to get published about 3 years ago finally came true!  I kept plugging away with time after time getting rejected.  I have to admit I almost wanted to give up!  It happened the first time in July with Scrap & Stamp Arts and now CardMaker. 

cardmaker jan12share2

Here is my card on a full page spread (woo hoo!) using Perfect Pennants.  I just adored all the bright colors on this card with the pop of black!  I used White, Key Lime, Red Hot, Sweet Mango, Turquoise Sea  and Black Onyx pure luxury cardstock.  They were all stamped with a polka dot stamp from Timeless Textures then punched out with 1 1/4” square punches.  The colored pennants are hanging from black cotton thread.

cardmaker jan12 share

Here is another card that was accepted, but it did not make it in print.  However, it is on the web as a bonus project.  CardMaker sent me the full color printed copy of it which is what I am showing here (luckily since we don’t have a color printer!) I used A Year of Flowers on this card and the labels 9 die is some linen fabric.  I love the simplicity of this card but also the wonderful textured brown button I found in my stash for the sunflower center!  You can click on the photo for a larger view. 

Thanks for stopping by and sharing in my fun news!!

Pin It

9 comments on "2nd & 3rd Publication share–January 2012 CardMaker Magazine"

Unknown on 11:48 AM CST said...

WooHoo! Congratulations again, both of these are beauties. Perseverance, guess that's what it takes. Good for you! Wishing you more success in 2012 girlfriend!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay, Donna, I'm so happy for you!! Congrats, my friend...what a dream come true! Good thing you hung in there...these cards are totally awesome! Happy New Year to you!

Vicki Dutcher on 5:23 PM CST said...

Congrats on getting published!! What a way to start 2012!! Good for YOU!


comment on hop coming Monday....

The Vannoy Family on 7:44 PM CST said...

Hoot! Hoot! Hurray for you! So happy for you~

Michelle on 10:24 PM CST said...

Congratulations!!! That's so exciting. Both cards are gorgeous. I agree, the button on the sunflower was a wonderful find. It *looks* like a sunflower.

sarah on 9:41 PM CST said...

Congrats!!!WOW statin 2012 with a bang!!

Carolina on 12:39 AM CST said...

Happy New Years to you and John!!! Hope this year bring you much love, laughter, and happiness!!!

Woo hoo on getting published!!! Such fun news...they really are amazing cards and so glad they were picked up and published - huge congrats!

cardscookiecarrotcake on 2:20 PM CST said...

Congrats on getting published! I love this magazine and am subscribed, will look closely at your card.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting your cards in the magazine....wow
Vaye

Post a Comment