Saturday, December 24, 2011

Last Minute Easy Wine Gift & True Friendship


wine gift
I am a last minute Lucy this year – has mostly to do with the fact I was stressed out a few weeks ago and got sick so I decided to take it easy and scale way back so I could get through the holiday.  I like planning in advance, so back in July we bottled some wine for gifts this year.  It was a lot of fun because we did it with our best friends James & Stephanie!  This is going to be part of a gift exchange at my in-law’s this evening. 
wine label
I stamped the waterproof label with A Year of Borders (poinsettia) and greeting. Then colored it with copics. Isn’t it simple and pretty?  This morning I found the easy coasters to make – they took less than an hour.  If I wasn’t doing other stuff, I bet it would have taken less time!  I get distracted by Pinterest and Facebook a lot.  ha
Here is a visual of the steps I took to make these and here is the tutorial I found online.  I used Kate Spain’s Flurry charm squares I had. 
IMG_3671IMG_3673
Lastly, here is a picture of the real wine label we had made to go on the wine we bottled (it is a DELICIOUS sweet red wine).  We had SO MUCH fun sampling all the wines the day we chose which wine we would bottle – geez.  I remember it fondly!  We chose to put an older picture of us all together (on the left) that we took in 2004 on a trip to Colorado Springs where we had a ton of fun!  We went in July for our anniversaries.  They are just a few days apart.  The picture on the right was taken on the day we bottled the wine.  It’s so funny we all wore red & blue on both days and it wasn’t even planned!  Great minds think alike.  It’s wonderful to have friends you can be your crazy self around and have them still like you – ha!  No matter what we do together, we always enjoy one another’s company and true friendship is something you hold on dearly to. 
We love these 2 people so much!


I want to wish y’all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!  Thank you so much for stopping by! 

sharing on the following link parties: Made by You Monday  The Girl Creative Homemaker on a Dime Pin It

4 comments on "Last Minute Easy Wine Gift & True Friendship"

Alice on 11:41 PM CST said...

Thank you for the tutorial and clear pictures. I didn't understand a thing at the link. You made it easy. That is a really cool wine label. I bet the wine is great too.

Stephanie S said...

The wine coasters are really cute! Can't wait to try making my own set :)

And thanks for sharing the pictures and the story about our wine bottling adventure... looking forward to more great memories with you guys in 2012!

We love you both!

Melanie on 8:28 AM CST said...

Loved seeing this on STV! So creative and well executed! Lucky you to get to go bottle your own wine, I so want to do that!

Betty on 9:25 AM CST said...

Oh making wine is so much fun and the samples are the best! My DD did it for her wedding as gifts to workers. Of course DSIL decided that wasn't enough for everyone so did hand painted wine glasses but that's another story. Anyway, great ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment