Saturday, December 17, 2011

Gina K Weekend Special & some Christmas Decor shares


Weekend Special- 3 for $39.00
Check out this great special from Gina K Designs this weekend!  Click on the photo to start shopping!  Don’t forget to check out the all new Clearance Bin too!  I am going to stock up on button jars and tea tins! 
Here are pics of the stocking I made for John. We don't have a lot of traditions for Christmas but one we really look forward to is opening our stockings on Christmas morning.  It's like getting a ton of presents in one small package, how fun!  I got the tutorial from Fabricworm.  Super easy to follow – this went together pretty quickly.  How do you like the funky multi-colored fabric John picked out from our LQS The Cotton Cupboard?  It’s brand new Daydreams II by Stephanie Brandeburg for Camelot Cottons.  Isn't it colorful, funky and fun?  I wasn't crazy about it on the bolt, but once it was revealed to me in full (open), I really started to like it!  I even bought some to make a purse out of it.  He picked out the purple cuff fabric and the owner of the store helped him pick out the green liner which I also used for the loop instead of ribbon. 

my tree
This year, we decided not to go all out and get a big tree or decorate to excess.  We brought in our porch lit trees and are decorating each one ourselves.  This is mine with all red, silver, white which I really love!  It was so fun and not as time consuming to decorate!  One reason we decided to go small is because I have been stressed out which caused me to get sick a week ago and it progressed throughout the week from a cold sore to sinus congestion to a sore throat to a cough to a fever, stomach ache and then the big “D” (I had the whole virus symptom gamut).  I missed several days of work and lots of opportunities to make things or clean my house or wrap presents.  I did manage to make it to our department event on Thursday although I was still feeling bad and the fever and “D” started!  We worked 2 hours then went to a high class cinema with recliners, pillows, blankets and had lunch and watched a movie, New Year’s Eve which I liked a lot.  I was just thrilled to go home and spent the better part of 24 hours in bed while I battled my fever, chills, body aches and sweating the fever out.
ornament
I am still on the mend and taking it easy still, as I don’t want to relapse.  Right now I am mainly dealing with the stomach ache still.  Here is a cute ornament I have on my tree I got from a “Secret Santa” at work with my name on it.  how cute is that!?
red & silver wreath
Lastly, a few weeks ago when I was feeling like myself, I made a wreath for our front door which I adore!  I bought it at Hobby Lobby for just $5 and all the Christmas picks were 1/2 price, then I got some red & silver ornaments from Home Depot for like $7 and the silver wire edged ribbon I got from Costco last year.  I really love how it turned out! 

Thanks for stopping by – promise I will stamp again when I feel better and get a handle on the messiness I left in my stamp room the last time I was in there!  I will be back again soon. Pin It

4 comments on "Gina K Weekend Special & some Christmas Decor shares"

FlyAwayHome on 6:18 AM CST said...

What cool fabric for a Christmas stocking - not your traditional and looks like a man's stocking. Your tree is adorable and you will thank yourself when it gets time to pack it all up that you used the little trees - much less to pack up when it's over. Gosh, is there nothing you can't do...Stamping, sewing, making your own wreath??? and soon, I will have you embroidering :)

Vicky @ Mess For Less on 11:27 AM CST said...

Love the non-traditional stocking. That is just inspired. I am a new FB fan visiting from Flamingo toes. Vicky from Mess For Less

Stephanie Brandenburg on 10:35 AM CST said...

I LOVE the stockings! Thanks for taking the time to share them with me! They are so funky and fun - Have a beautiful New Year and I can't wait to see more creative, fun things you do.

Stephanie Brandenburg on 10:35 AM CST said...

I LOVE the stockings! Thanks for taking the time to share them with me! They are so funky and fun - Have a beautiful New Year and I can't wait to see more creative, fun things you do.

Post a Comment