Sunday, September 12, 2010

Gina K. Lean On Me Hop


lean on me hop 

I got my new Gina K. stamps!!  I was so bummed I was not able to participate in last month’s release because of moving preparations and now discovered I won’t be able to this month again because we definitely have a move date of September 25th!  I promise to be ready to go for October’s release because I really miss being a part!  Since I got my new stamps, though I am able to participate in this blog hop! 

Lean On Me {which comes with a free card kit} is such a beautiful collection of solid flowers and encouraging sentiments that I was looking forward to using one of my favorite techniques; stamping with white pigment ink on kraft cardstock and coloring with colored pencils over it.  I used this week’s color combo in the challenges at StampTV because it is so striking: yellow, brown, kraft and red.  Isn’t it a gorgeous combination?  I have to admit I may not have chosen these colors together without Janice’s idea!!  Have you ever played in the challenges over there?  It’s free to become a member and you have one week to upload your project in order to be eligible to win some GKD stamps (if you use GKD stamps in your creation, you get 2 entries in the drawing!).  The cardstock colors I used are: Sweet Corn, Red Hot, Chocolate Brown and Kraft. I also used some ribbon from the Autumn assortment and copper nail heads for a simple embellishment.  I also sponged around my focal image with tea dye distress ink.

For even more inspiration with the Lean on Me stamp set, please visit these talented ladies' blogs below:

Thanks for stopping by!!

Pin It

18 comments on "Gina K. Lean On Me Hop"

Jennie on 10:27 PM CDT said...

This is beautiful Donna! Love those flowers and great design. Janice's color combo was just fabulous and you did a beautiful job with this set. Missed you with the sneak peeks but figured you were deep in moving preparations :o)

Lee on 10:35 PM CDT said...

Donna that is exquisite!!! The color combo is wonderful and the flowers look like watercolor paintings!!!

Kay S on 10:35 PM CDT said...

Beautiful card, Donna. I've never seen the technique you used on the flowers. It is stunning; I must try it. Thanks for sharing it. Good luck with your move!

Cheri on 10:36 PM CDT said...

Stunning, Donna. That technique is so perfect for this stamp set. TFS.

Lagene on 10:40 PM CDT said...

Beautiful card! It looks like watercolor!!

Becky on 11:00 PM CDT said...

This is stunning.

Pati on 12:34 AM CDT said...

Very pretty and very cool technique. I have yet to try it, I saw it along time ago and had forgotten about it. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration for the stamp set and the technique!

Miesje on 4:25 AM CDT said...

Beautiful Donna! I love the colors too and stamping on Kraft was new to me too! Love the way you colored the flowers!

Sharri on 7:03 AM CDT said...

Donna, Stunning card! The flowers just pop and are simply gorgeous! I have to try that technique! Good luck with moving!

Karen (TLgirl353) on 7:36 AM CDT said...

Donna- This card is so pretty I will have to try stamping with white. The result is awesome!

colleen on 11:50 AM CDT said...

Congrats on the move date!

Your card is stunning!!!! Gorgeous mix of colors! Love it!

Unknown on 9:05 PM CDT said...

Oh how beautiful, Donna! I just LOVE the kraft card stock you used - it's absolutely stunning... simply stunning!! Thank you so much for hopping with us!

Melissa on 10:05 PM CDT said...

Wow! I love your card Donna and the coloring technique you used is fabulous, I can't wait to try it.

Bev Gerard on 7:31 AM CDT said...

Such a beautiful way to showcase these stamps, Donna. Love your shading ... as well as the entire card.

~Bev

Lori on 4:23 PM CDT said...

Congratulations!!! This is a gorgeous card, Donna! Love the colors on the kraft.

Melanie on 7:44 PM CDT said...

love this card!!

SherylH on 10:48 PM CDT said...

This is so pretty Donna! I have stamped with white pigment on black/brown but not on Kraft -- will have to give this one a try.

Jessie/knightrone on 1:01 PM CDT said...

How beautiful!!

Post a Comment