Friday, September 10, 2010

Mercy’s Tuesday sketch – Happy Day!


MTSC90

I whipped up this card last night after a long short week at work!  I knew it had to be a clean & simple card since I still have about 95% of my stamping supplies packed in boxes.  I quickly went to Mercy Kerin’s blog and grabbed her Tuesday sketch {MTSC90} which was perfect for using the sweet ladybug in the Garden Party Critters set by Taylored Expressions!    I love the look of double layered nestability shapes so I used multiple circles for the focal image.

IMG_0950

The most fun I had making this card was creating the single zig zag stitch on the left and all the bling I put on the ladybug/trail using a LOT of crystal twinkles but using my awesome embellie jellie made it quick & easy!   I also colored the ladybug with some a red copic atyou spica pen (which I just saw are on sale for $2.49 each and one of my FAVORITE supplies!).  The embellishment I used are gingham blossoms (only brown/cream available) from the TE store!

I hope you have a fabulous weekend – we are going to see Resident Evil/Afterlife tonight with our movie buddies {aka John’s co-workers} I’m looking forward to it in 3D and of course their company!  

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It

6 comments on "Mercy’s Tuesday sketch – Happy Day!"

Monika/Buzsy on 11:32 AM CDT said...

Such a cute card Donna. Love that cute ladybug! Great colors, embellishments (especially that flower)... love the stitching! :o)

Lori on 8:36 PM CDT said...

Sweet card, Donna! Hope the movie is/was fun, it looks good and 3-D is always great.

Vanessa on 8:52 AM CDT said...

Super cute card and looks simple enough for me to make!

Casmiles on 10:40 AM CDT said...

Donna, I love this card - it's simple but NOT. And all the different little things, the layers of the strips, the bling, the stiching. Thanks so much for bring bellie jellie to my attention. I have Taylor's Tiny Twinkles and they are so DIFFICULT to align or mount anywhere; I always end up with them on the floor, on my clothes, more everywhere but my project! This made it look like I can be running away with bling. Thanks again.

buggin2stamp on 7:03 PM CDT said...

Adorable card Donna! I love black, red and white together. That little gingham ribbon flower is so cute and the blinged out trail from the lady bug is fabulous!

Lori on 10:32 PM CDT said...

Adorable! Love the ladybug's sparkly trail.

Post a Comment