Saturday, November 20, 2010

Only 5 weeks until Christmas and a card making tip for you!


poinsettia border

Yikes!  I am so behind making cards this year – my stash is so small!  So I pulled out my new GKD stamps from the last release and made 2 clean & simple cards that had the same format.  I love CAS – they are less time consuming (30 mins vs 90 for a more involved card for me) so why don’t I do them more often?!  My first card uses Melanie’s A Year of Borders – I love how the border of poinsettias looks as a real border!  I used Red Hot, All Spruced Up and White Pure Luxury cardstock and grabbed a sentiment from Festive Frame and used an oval nestability for interest around it.  Then I topped it off with a few silver brads and I was done!  One card down many more to go!

snowman

For my 2nd card, I brought out the new Snow Much Fun set which has the cutest chubby snowmen!  I love this one with the sign that says Happy Winter!  I used the colors from Gina’s first color challenge at STV {STVCSP1} Turquoise Sea, Red Hot and White.  I added a scallop border at the bottom of this one, a scallop nestability around the snowman, red w/ white polka dot ribbon and a turquoise button and red brads this time! 

I hope you are inspired, if you feel like you need an idea about how to make some clean & simple cards and how to make 2 different yet similar cards, that this post helped you!  If you decide to make something based on this tip – I’d love to see what you make! 

Today we are going to celebrate Thanksgiving today with some of the Baker family (John’s dad Cecil & Stepmom Shirley, his sister, brother & his family too).  Here are a few pictures from my sister’s visit: 

w grandpa seahorseThis is Cecil – when Gabby was about to leave, she accidentally called him Grandpa Seahorse, it cracked us up!  She has never met anyone with the name Cecil – so that’s what she heard when we introduced them.  She is holding her new Grinch stuffed animal they gave her. 

 

Gabby with auntie shmirley

And here is Gabby (I love her smile in this picture, it’s so natural) with Auntie Shmirley which cracked us up EVEN MORE!  She called her that when we were all playing catch in the backyard-Gabby, Shirley, Joey and me.  I almost peed my pants, it was SO funny!   My sister said that she really liked her, which is why she has a special name and by the looks of this picture I took, I would say it’s true. 

so tiredI got this super cute picture of Joey; he was so tired after playing so hard at the Dino Park that day, he fell asleep in the car and slept while we ate lunch.  He got a reindeer stuffed animal from Cecil & Shirley and when my sister gave it to him, he grabbed it and put his arm around it and went back to sleep.  SO sweet!!

celebrating nino john's birthday!

Shirley also made a cake for John since his birthday was 2 days away (pineapple upside down cake yum) so here is a picture of Nino John & Gabby being silly.  I love it!!

Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a great weekend!!

Pin It

4 comments on "Only 5 weeks until Christmas and a card making tip for you!"

Cedar Creek on 9:50 AM CST said...

Sounds like fun!!

Lori on 2:15 PM CST said...

Great cards! Love the family pictures, looks like everyone was having a great time during the visit! Yummy cake for John.

Rose Ann on 8:41 PM CST said...

Such beautiful CAS Christmas cards, Donna!! Love all of the family photos too!! It looks like you all had a wonderful time!!

Jessie/knightrone on 3:50 PM CST said...

Fabulous cards, and the pictures and names are just too cute!!

Post a Comment