Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Surprise Birthday Hop for Nancy McKinney!


SSS 111410

Today is TE’s Whimsical Wishes illustrator Nancy’s birthday and her good friend Saucy organized a little surprise birthday hop in her honor!   If you came to my blog from the talented Regina Mangum, you are on the right track!  If not, start at the beginning (Karen’s blog so you don’t miss out on all the eye candy!)

I made a card using the current TE Giving Tree Charity set called Make a Wish, in which a portion of the sale goes to the Make a Wish Foundation!  I used fellow Baker’s Dozen dt member Karen G’s Sweet Sunday Sketch 93 for my card, which I thought could showcase the fun banner in the set.  I used Cosmo Cricket Pixie-licious papers as well as some prismatic cardstock in addition to Choice Snow White.  I had fun coloring in the sentiment with copics, atyou spica glitter pens {on sale for $2.49 each!} and then layering on sparkle with star dust stickles!  I even colored my banner with aqua stickles.  I finished off my banner with a row of ruffled trim and a pixie-licious button!

Now hop on over to the beautiful & fabulously rockin’ stamper Alex Maldonado to see what she whipped up for Nancy! 

Nancy, I hope you have a fabulous birthday – I’m so happy to be working with your awesome images month after month!  They are just delightful!!

Pin It

17 comments on "Surprise Birthday Hop for Nancy McKinney!"

Janet on 7:19 AM CST said...

love the banner! great card:)
hugs

Karen Motz on 7:41 AM CST said...

This is GORGEOUS Donna!!! I love love LOVE the sparkly banner with the ruffled trim!

Nancy on 8:03 AM CST said...

Ummm...love that sparkling banner. Thanks for using Make a Wish--having just come back from Henri's wish trip to Orlando and Disney, I know first hand how amazing this charity is. You made my day!! ;)

Regina Mangum on 8:10 AM CST said...

Donna, this is so sweet! I love that you used the Giving Tree set for Nancy's card...it's just perfect and the banner is divine! XOXO

Taylor on 9:36 AM CST said...

Very fun, Donna! I love the ruffle trim you added to the top of the banner!

Karen Giron on 9:48 AM CST said...

This is so super cute! I love the hanging pennants over the image, especially with the ruffles!

Alex Maldonado on 10:02 AM CST said...

Just beautiful my lovely friend! I LOVE what you did with that gorgeous banner! you rock girlie!!

Danni on 11:40 AM CST said...

So very fun!! Great job!

Jodi Collins on 12:23 PM CST said...

This is SOOOOOO fun girlie! LOVE the papers (I used the same pad!) and the stamps you used (I used the same set!!)! LOVE this!

Dana White on 1:28 PM CST said...

SO love the banner! I have that set & I must ink it up!!

Carolina on 2:38 PM CST said...

ADORABLE!!! The banner, the colors...it all came together perfectly!

Kathy Martin on 8:06 PM CST said...

Sweet! Love that banner! :)

Jackie Pedro on 10:26 PM CST said...

Great card, Donna! LOVE the banner!!

Melissa Sauls on 10:12 AM CST said...

Soooo cute Donna!! I adore the ruffled trim you added to your banner.... Super cute!

Unknown on 7:36 PM CST said...

Donna, I LOVE the banner! Beautiful job, as always! Hope all is well.

Jessie/knightrone on 5:38 PM CST said...

This is awesome, love it Donna!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 5:47 AM CST said...

This is adorable, Donna! Nancy will LOVE it!

Post a Comment