Thursday, June 16, 2011

GKD blog hop: Masculine


dad's day

Welcome to the Gina K monthly blog hop with the designers!  This month our theme is Masculine, how fitting since Father’s Day is just a few days away!! 

If you came from Cat’s, you're at the right place. If not make sure to head over to StampTV where you will find a list of all those participating in today's hop.

I made this card to give to my Papasan (that is my nickname for DFIL), I am not even sure why I started calling him that so many years ago, but I will never forget the first time he called me and said “hey, it’s Papasan”, it made me smile and still does!  Cecil is his real name and he loves to fish when they go out to visit his brother & sister-in-law who live at the lake.  One of these days we plan to make a trip out there with them.  It’s been forever since I’ve fished!  I’m sure he’ll like this card, he usually appreciates them since he knows I make them special.   I used Theresa’s set Gone Fishing from last year, and tried to follow one of her gorgeous scene tutorials; I like how it turned out, but I think I went a little heavy on the shadow from the dock.  oh well!  Remember a few days ago I used Basic Grey’s Lauderdale papers and promised to show you the ‘masculine’ papers?  Well here they are – just perfect for a masculine feel, especially that ‘plaid’.  I used Jen Del Muro’s June sketch for my layout too. 

Head on over to Giovana’s blog to see what she's sharing with you today!

Card details:
Stamps:
Gone Fishing
Cardstock: Kraft, Black Onyx Pure Luxury, Basic Grey Lauderdale
Inks: Memento tuxedo black, Summer Sky; SU! pacific point
Accessories:
Jute ribbon

Pin It

38 comments on "GKD blog hop: Masculine"

Theresa Momber on 8:12 AM CDT said...

Gorgeous scene, Donna! What a perfect card for your papasan.

Giovana on 8:19 AM CDT said...

Beautiful scene Donna! Love your card.

Carolina on 8:30 AM CDT said...

Your scene is just adorable - so beautiful colored and love how you framed it with the mixture of patterns behind it!

Cat Tidwell on 8:32 AM CDT said...

Gorgeous scene Donna, I think you did most excellent! :D Love the dp with it too, its perfect!

Karen (TLgirl353) on 8:54 AM CDT said...

Wonderful! Love the dp choices!

joy on 9:34 AM CDT said...

Wonderful coloring! You did a beautiful job. I'm sure your DFIL will love it.

Kary on 10:05 AM CDT said...

WOW!! Love this card, Donna!! Beautiful scene and perfect masculine colours.

Lagene on 10:05 AM CDT said...

Fantastic scene card!

Jeanette R. Graves on 10:07 AM CDT said...

Very peaceful. Love the colors.

Becky on 10:45 AM CDT said...

Gorgeous Fathers Day card.

Verna Angerhofer on 10:53 AM CDT said...

That is an awesome man card. My men would love it.

jazy1m on 11:13 AM CDT said...

Loved the fishing scene. Thanks for sharing.

Joyce Thurston said...

love this scene!

Pat Jandacek on 11:17 AM CDT said...

This is a great card and the fish have to have someplace to lurk - what better spot than in the shadow of the dock?! TFS

Parker on 11:19 AM CDT said...

A great color combo and great scene. Thanks for sharing.

Jodi Collins on 2:11 PM CDT said...

I LOVE this Donna! SO vibrant!

Sheila on 2:35 PM CDT said...

I love your card. Simply awesome!!!

Unknown on 2:55 PM CDT said...

Donna, super card, great colors, wonderful scene....well done!

richardbreaks on 4:09 PM CDT said...

Beautiful job! Love that plaid paper!

Ina G on 4:12 PM CDT said...

What man doesn't like fishing!! Beautifully done and soooo colourful.

JaniceAileen on 4:43 PM CDT said...

Donna, I just how you incorporated color into your card--just awesome!

Vicki Dutcher on 5:01 PM CDT said...

Fabulous scene and layout! Well done there girl!!

Pam on 5:07 PM CDT said...

outstanding card.

Sandy on 5:08 PM CDT said...

Great card for a sportsman. I love the fact that you were able to incorporate some color in the masculine card.

Anonymous said...

I love this card, my dad is a fisherman too and so a perfect card for him.

Lee on 5:43 PM CDT said...

Very cool masculine design....so special for your FIL!!

Susan on 6:46 PM CDT said...

Great textures and layers on your card. I like your coloured image too.

Sandie Oxley on 10:31 PM CDT said...

Awesome card

Shirley B on 12:49 AM CDT said...

What a gorgeous card. It reminds of fishing with my grandfather. sweet memories. Beautiful job coloring.

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love, your Dad's day card! Perfect image and perfect colors.

Joan
MN

mjnix on 5:11 AM CDT said...

I really like your card,so serene,wonderful color choices.

Tina on 9:50 AM CDT said...

Fabulous!!! I LOVE the papers you used and the layout is wonderful!

Sharon Harnist on 10:28 AM CDT said...

Great Father's Day card and cute story about your FIL, Donna! Wonderful scene you created and fabulous coloring!

Gerry on 7:43 PM CDT said...

Very nice scenic "man" card

Payne Holler Cards on 11:48 PM CDT said...

yikes! lovin this!!! fabulous job and the most perfect dp!

Kay S on 8:04 PM CDT said...

Great card, Donna! Love fhe colors and patterns you used and the coloring is perfect.

SueB on 4:30 PM CDT said...

Great card - I'm lovin' the plaid too - TFS! Sorry to hear about the loss of your family pet; been there, done that, I'm sorry to say.

Sue VanDeVusse on 5:01 AM CDT said...

This is a beautiful scene, Donna! Your coloring and shading are perfect and I love the dp and backgrounds you used.

Post a Comment