Saturday, November 12, 2011

Vroom!! Vroom!! Vroom!!


vroom gift

Here is a little gift with matching card I made to give a friend who is having a little boy soon (her 2nd child).  I always love the blue brown & red combo so when I found this adorable little 3- piece outfit at Ross, I had to get it!  I adore the little blue & red star on the behind of the pants!  I knew I could use Melanie’s Wee Tees set to make a perfectly matched card to go with it. 

vroom card

Here is a close up of the card.  I used the Traffic Jam (fitting) cuttlebug embossing folder on the Little Boy Blue layer.  This card came together within 10 minutes (love the quick ones!) The other cardstock colors I used are pure luxury white, red hot and chocolate brown, all colors I pulled from the outfit.  I used small silver brads to embellish and made the cars appear as if they are zooming across the cards in the circle punches. 

I gifted this to the mom this past week and she loved it!  In fact, she shared some pregnancy photos with me that featured her, her husband and little Jack’s (baby in the tummy) older sister Ella.  They were all precious! 

Thanks for stopping by today!  I have to get back to my sewing and stamping projects for the weekend! 

Pin It

4 comments on "Vroom!! Vroom!! Vroom!!"

Unknown on 6:59 PM CST said...

Adorable little outfit, with a perfect matching card.

sarah on 9:16 AM CST said...

so cute!!any little 2yr. old would luv this..and for mom to save..

Anonymous said...

Aw, Donna! This card nailed it, gf!! I love the way you made the little car "vroom" across the card! So creative, you are!

Casmiles on 9:36 AM CST said...

Donna - that card is absolutely PRECIOUS. I love it. It's making me rethink that set. Have to decide how many of those I'd use (we're way past baby cards in our circles), but I'm leaning. Too cute. I owe you a note - it's been ages.

Post a Comment