Friday, January 4, 2008

Smarties Birthday Box


I made this box & filled it with the smarties for Marci, (co-worker's birthday) who ADORES smarties! I saw the box (on another co-worker's desk yesterday - thanks, Jim) filled with candies and thought how cute of a box I could re-make. Marci really liked it (esp the BIG smarties, how cool is that?) They have words on them just like the conversation hearts but BETTER tasting IMO. I tore apart the box, traced & scored the template on a sheet of pink passion cardstock to match the candy & stamped with Priceless. Then realized her birthday is in January, not February & made it a little too Valentiney but she didn't seem to mind! The smarties fit perfectly inside, making the box real sturdy. When we showed it to Jim he said, "I want my box back" little did he know it would turn into something like this, huh? I think I'll make him one too, but make it a little more masculine (well, if I have time...I have a ton of projects lined up for the weekend so I'm not sure I can add another). Thanks for stopping by! Pin It

5 comments on "Smarties Birthday Box"

Rose Ann on 2:21 AM CST said...

I love your box, Donna!! So cute!! I didn't know they had big Smarties. Will have to check that out. Yum!

Dawn Easton on 8:54 AM CST said...

So cute Donna! I love those candies too! But here in Canada we call them Rockets...ahhahaa! Smarties to us are similar to M & M candies.
Hope you have a FAB weekend!

Dawn Wheeler on 11:42 AM CST said...

Wow gorgeous box ,great idea ,love it ,Dawnx

Velta on 6:28 AM CST said...

Donna ~ Great gift idea!

Deb Wood on 6:06 PM CST said...

Love this box and smarties, wish I worked with you!!

Post a Comment