Friday, September 17, 2010

Wild earth colors & a few house pictures!


wild earth colors

Don’t you just LOVE Melanie’s new Wild at Heart set for Gina K. Designs?  I do – another fabulous big background set with beautiful sentiments!  However, on my card I chose not to put a sentiment because I wanted the pumpkin colored blooms to take center stage!  I stamped the image with white pigment ink onto kraft cardstock and colored the blooms with a prismacolor pencil, then layered all the image on pumpkin spice and chocolate brown cardstock.  I then used some Jenni Bowlin pearl flowers for the centers of the blooms and finished off the card with some chocolate mix and orange mix buttons from my Gina K. button jars that I finally got – have you seen how CUTE these are and how many buttons you get for just $5.95??!!?  Like 70 to 100!  What a deal!  Can’t wait to move into my new space and show them off (of course I plan to get all the colors!)

Speaking of earth colors, it’s my vision to decorate our new home Front_side_of_the_house____img_1in earth colors, part of the plan to bring the outdoors in since the ‘Earth’ is the ‘outdoors’.  We’ll have to see how that goes, promise to share some pictures with you along the way though!  Here is a picture of the front of the house where the hardscaping was done, in preparation for our planting mid-October. In about 4-5 areas around the house we are going to plant Creeping & Upright Rosemary, Pineapple Guava, Dwarf Buford Holly, Lantana, Lariope, Texas Sage (I think), Crossvine, and Jasmine.  I think I remembered it all.  I’m so excited about our plan to have something blooming all year there and I am finally going to get my hands dirty again (I totally could have at any of our 3 previous homes but they never seemed as permanent as this one so naturally I feel the desire here!)

New_stairs____img_1Here are a few funny stories about me and dirt as a kid – I loved playing in the dirt especially before I was going to take a bath.  My mom said that once I took all my clothes off, I would sneak out the back of the house to play in the dirt real quick and sometimes the neighbors would see me.  I also used to LOVE making mud pies (and on occasion would eat them) and to this day, LOVE the smell of mud, not sure why but I do!  Oh and in high school, my friend and I got in a mud fight after school when it was raining, it was HILARIOUS and FUN oh my goodness!  We even captured the memory with a picture. 

Hope you have a great weekend!  Tomorrow we go to my company picnic at Reunion Ranch – fun!  On Sunday we are going to go out to the house and move a few things in (I’ll take more pictures).  Next Sat. is the REAL move in date!  Can’t wait!

Pin It

3 comments on "Wild earth colors & a few house pictures!"

Becky on 12:19 AM CDT said...

This is beautiful, gorgeous colors and love the center piece.

Karen Giron on 12:33 PM CDT said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the fall colors and those wonderful buttons. I'm so excited for you guys - your home is looking fabulous and I love all the big trees around it. Congrats!!

Jessie/knightrone on 7:07 PM CDT said...

Gorgeous card, and I am SO EXCITED for you about the house!! You have waited so long!!

Post a Comment