Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Crafty worlds collide for a birthday!


scarf & card
I have a passion for all crafts, in case you didn’t know!  Ever since I was little, I dabbled in all sorts of craft stuff; I used to draw & color when very young, learned to crochet when I was 9 from my Aunt Ange, loved to make latch hook rugs, do paint by numbers, took a sewing class in my 20’s, taught myself how to make jewelry about 3 years ago, learned how knit this past winter and the list goes on!!  So naturally, I like to incorporate several crafts when I can (or am inspired to) so when Melanie’s birthday rolled around this year {April}, I visited a new local fabric store and bought some pretty knit fabric so I could stamp on it and make a scarf for her. 
I used her A Year of Flowers and Pressed Flowers stamp sets and melaniestamped with red & olive pigment inks, heat set it and sewed a hem around it.  It came together pretty quickly and she really liked it!    I also made a matching simple card, using the large circle stamp from the Spring Mix stamptv kit.  I love the elegant touch of tiny pearls on the Blossom nestability die and center of the flower. I used Rocket Red & Green Apple and white pure luxury cardstock.  Here’s a picture I took of Melanie before we were about to devour our desserts!
Last night I discovered a great crafting blog Tea Rose Home which is causing me to itch to sew again (and will once we move because I want to make some throw pillows for the living room and bedroom and cushions for the window seats), but in the meantime, I can dream about what else I can sew!   Sachiko is so crafty, and was featured in a new crafty magazine called Rhythm of the Home with a cool tube sweater scarf tutorial!  I am going to link my creation on her blog because she’s having a link party!  I can’t wait to go check it out!




Thanks for stopping by today!!  Pin It

6 comments on "Crafty worlds collide for a birthday!"

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations on 9:43 PM CDT said...

Beautiful!! I bet she loved it.

Lori on 6:26 PM CDT said...

Lucky, Melanie! The scarf and card are gorgeous. That dessert doesn't look half bad either, lol.

Jessie/knightrone on 2:59 PM CDT said...

How gorgeous!! You are so crafty girl!!

Rose Ann on 10:09 PM CDT said...

Such a beautiful card and scarf!! It's no surprise that Melanie loved it!!

Melanie on 10:02 AM CDT said...

hee hee that pic is fun! i loved my prezzie and my lunch! hugs!

Bev Gerard on 1:50 AM CDT said...

Wow!
Hands down ... this is such an awesome project to show off these stamps! The kitchen towels ... genius!!

~Bev

Post a Comment