Monday, January 10, 2011

STV sketch - tea, care to join me?


I have a pretty shabby chic card to share with you today using Mugs and Kisses and this week's sketch challenge at STV!!  Here is a direct link to the challenge thread for this sketch.

Did you know the Gina K. challenges on StampTV have videos of her making the cards from beginning to end?  It is so nice to see a cardmaking pro in action! Today she even shows you how to use a stamp positioner just in case you have never done that. 

I had such a fun time making this card, in fact while I was, I was either sipping some tea or dreaming of sipping some tea!  I like all kinds of tea and remember a few years ago, I couldn't even say that I liked anything but sweet tea but now I like all kinds!  In fact, I can give credit to my handsome husband John for me starting to venture into the wonderful world of tea drinking.  We have been to several tea houses in Austin and Savannah GA, even to a tea 'class'. My current favorite is Red Label black Indian tea I get at a local Indian grocer.  In fact, that's what I've been having rather than coffee at home the past few weeks.  It is delicious with cream & organic sugar inside.  Speaking of inside, I stamped the sentiment 'care to join me' fromt the set on the inside of this card, I just forgot to take a picture to share with you. 

I hope you will take some time to play in the weekly challenges, as always the generous Gina K. gives away a free stamp set to a random winner for each challenge!  Monday is the sketch and Friday is the color challenge.  You get 2 entries in the drawing if you used GKD stamps but you certainly don't have to use them to play along!  Hope you will join us!   Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps: Mugs and Kisses
Cardstock: Black Onyx, Ivory, Basic Grey Curio
AccessoriesL Tim Holtz distress ink tea dye, black silk ribbon, crochet trim, Spellbinders Labels 10, Labels 14, ivory rose Pin It

6 comments on "STV sketch - tea, care to join me?"

Melanie on 5:07 PM CST said...

so gorgeosu, love how you layered thse dies, these patterns are so elegant!! That is so sweet you can enjoy sweet-tea with your sweetie, hee! :)

Rose Ann on 2:07 PM CST said...

This is sooooo beautiful, Donna!! I totally love the shabby look you've achieved as well!!

Cat Tidwell on 3:02 PM CST said...

gorgeous shabby chic creation Donna! Im not much of a tea drinker, iced or hot...strange being from texas huh? LOL

Cedar Creek on 9:34 PM CST said...

Nice!

Unknown on 12:58 AM CST said...

This is so gorgeous! The ribbon is stunning!

Thank you so much for sharing your card!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com
zloe.blogspot.com

Jessie/knightrone on 1:00 AM CST said...

Very pretty!

Post a Comment