Monday, March 7, 2011

Baby card & what I did this weekend!


FEB11VSND baby
Here is a sweet baby card I made for the last SCS VSN (virtual stamp night) which was a lot of fun!  I used Melanie’s Spring Basket & Basket of Blessings with these cutie baby animals!  I just adored how she put the drape of fabric upside down and it fits ‘into’ the basket like it was meant to be!  I made the little animals peeking out of the liner for dimension.  This card is pretty clean & simple because the animals can be colored pretty fast (especially the elephant that I didn’t color at all-I paper-pieced its ear only!)
So what did I do this weekend?  Well first of all, a few months ago when I was reading my new Austin Monthly magazine, I discovered there is a restaurant in Austin that serves fried chicken & waffles!  That is one of my favorites from CA!!  So, I’ve been bugging John to take me and we went on Sat and met one of my co-workers and her husband, who are also from CA and familiar with the delicious combination.  WOW – it was gourmet and I enjoyed it a LOT!  It was a little on the pricey side but well worth it and it’s called 24 Diner (and it’s open 24 7-ha!)
bedspreadThen we went shopping so we could complete decorating our master bedroom!  Last month while we were out in San Marcos, we went to a cool little store called The Paper Bear we used to frequent often and I found a GORGEOUS lightweight bedspread with the perfect combination of colors!  It was made in India (not surprised) so we trekked to Garden Ridge one of the best places to shop ever with the bedspread in tow and found items to decorate the room with.  Here are some pictures of what we found:
pillows
I just LOVED the selection of pillows!  I had it in my mind I would make my own, but with these great prices, I just couldn’t pass them up!  From $7.99 (bolster to $9.99 square) Since the bedspread was so ornate, I wanted the colors & textures of the pillows to vary and we were able to achieve that here!
night stand
We went to a fabric store and John found this nice upholstery olive green fabric remnant – it was less than $4 for me to cover both nightstands!  So I DID make SOMETHING!  I know I need more decoration here – that will come slowly. For now, I just have a candle a stamping friend made me and my cell phone.  Usually there is a book there because I like to read before I go to sleep.

Next up is a photo of the corner of the room where Elsie loves to chair & dressernap with the sunshine on her.  The chair is comfy; it was handed down to us by DMIL, she used to rock John in it as a baby.  It was re-upholstered years ago by our friend’s dad and he made 2 matching square pillows for it.  I felt like it needed some COLOR though. 
dresser decor
Here is a closer picture of our dresser.  We found all this décor for great prices and it all went well together, bringing COLOR into the room with the bedspread.  Vases were $4 to $9.99.  Sign $7.99 and the best part about all this?  My jewelry box matched and so did our one of a kind painting by an old friend Christopher Fitzgerald who gifted it to us years ago!  It is called Bonita.   I’m just pleased as punch - oh and ready to get in that comfy bed!  Thanks for taking a peek into our room with me!
Supplies:
Stamps: Spring Basket, Basket Blessings
Cardstock: Innocent Pink, White Pure Luxury, Basic Grey Hopscotch
Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento, Antique Linen distress
Accessories: twine, pearls, paper rose Pin It

7 comments on "Baby card & what I did this weekend!"

Becky on 12:01 AM CST said...

This is just adorable! Love how you have them in that pretty little basket.
What great finds, the pillows are gorgeous.

iCreateforfun on 7:37 AM CST said...

Cute card. It just wakes up that Spring feeling.

Melanie on 9:42 AM CST said...

that basket is adorable with the little rose on it and twine, looks like a real woven edge!! :)

wow, your home looks awesome, beautiful job decoraing, can't wait to see it!

sandi on 1:56 PM CST said...

What a cute card and a awesome home!

Carolina on 12:16 AM CST said...

Lovely Donna - you're really making your house a warm, inviting home...I knew that you would!

Adorable card too - love the flower in the middle, it's such a nice touch!

Lori on 5:34 PM CST said...

Wow, gorgeous room and so wonderful how it all worked out for you! Have a great weekend! Cute, cute card too!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 5:49 AM CST said...

What a sweet, sweet baby card, Donna! And I love how you decorated your room. The different textured pillows on the bed! Thanks for sharing with us!

Post a Comment