Sunday, March 20, 2011

Beginning of Spring Wristlet & MFT sketch!!


flamingotoes wristlet
I have a confession to make; I am addicted to blurfing around crafty/sewing blogs and have been every chance I get for well over a month now!  I have been getting my inspired to return to another hobby of mine that, when stamping came along, I completely put aside and that is sewing! Over the past year I have done a few things here and there, but nothing serious until this weekend! I got my sewing machine out of the shed last week, had it serviced, purchased a few sewing necessities and am so excited to share this fun wristlet I made this weekend!  I found this great pattern from Bev at Flamingotoes it is what she calls an End of Summer Wristlet but I am calling it my Beginning of Spring Wristlet!  I am going to share this on her Think Pink Sunday party so she can see what SHE inspired me to make!! 
ThinkPink_Button150
wristlet back
Here is a picture of the back of the wristlet in the natural cotton fabric.  I put a little butterfly charm on the zipper which I think adds a sweet touch to it.

wristlet inside
Here is a picture of the inside lining of the bag.  I just LOVED showing this little number off when we met some friends for dinner last night!  One of my friends was pretty impressed with it, as was John.  I have to admit, I was/am myself – this was my FIRST attempt at sewing a zipper and I think it turned out real nicely!  Oh and the lady in the fabric department was pretty impressed with my zipper work too (we went there to get more sewing supplies after dinner – because I want to make more!!)  The polka dot sections are for my driver’s license and credit card.  In this pouch I fit those, as well as a mini hand sanitizer, my lip gloss and my phone.  Thank you for the pattern/inspiration, Bev!! 
Now for all my stamping friends who came here to see a card, of course I have one to share MFTWSC11with you!!  I just got my new MFT VIP kit in the mail – isn’t this flamenco Who’s that Girl so sexy with her frilly dress on?  It was SO fun to paper-piece!  She will be fun to use to make Cinco de Mayo cards to send to friends on May 5th!  I used the new Basic Grey Hello Luscious paper, which had these fun red, green and yellow patterns which are great bright traditional Mexican colors – ha!!  I also had an opportunity to use a crochet red flower I made a while back that’s been sitting on my desk!  It’s perfect with a button in the center!  I used this week’s MFT Wednesday Sketch {MFTWSC11}, always fun!  I tweaked the sketch a bit to work with my supplies, but I love how it turned out!!
Hope you had a great weekend and your week is a fabulous one!!

I am linking this post to the following parties:








 
Pin It

10 comments on "Beginning of Spring Wristlet & MFT sketch!!"

Tami Grandi on 8:35 PM CDT said...

Donna- I LOVE this! Seriously- how much would something like this cost for me to have made?

Cedar Creek on 9:06 PM CDT said...

Awesome Opossum!!!!

Jessie/knightrone on 9:48 PM CDT said...

Her dress is AWESOME!! Love it!!

Melanie on 5:22 AM CDT said...

that wristlet is so cool, awesome prints, you could totally sell these!

Patsy on 5:57 AM CDT said...

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. I love your Flamingo dancer card. I have lots of MFT stamps, but have been very slack on doing cards lately. You have inspired me to get back at it. Have a great week with many blessings!!!

Rachael @ The Little Birdie on 5:06 PM CDT said...

SOOO cute! I love these fabrics! I have been wanting to try a project with zippers lately, they're kind of scary for me, haha! Thanks for linking up at The Little Birdie! Come by tomorrow for a new linky list! :)

Casmiles on 9:19 PM CDT said...

Donna - beautiful card. And I love the wristlet. I DON'T sew. Couldn't hit a straight line if my life depended on it. Back in my clogging days, when we made our dresses, everyone had their area of expertise (I couldn't cut patters or sew). But when it came to ruffles - now I can pull a ruffle! Wish I could sew. Basic maybe I could master, but then you had to throw a zipper in the mix. Love what you did.

Rose Ann on 7:41 PM CDT said...

Your wristlet turned out fabulous, and I love those fun fabrics you've used!! I totally love how you've paper-piece that frilly dress on your card too!! So much fun, and perfect for Cinco de Mayo!!

Unknown on 11:38 PM CDT said...

Donna, I had no idea you also loved to sew! Wish you lived closer so we could sew and craft together! This is awesome. I have a stack of fabric I recently purchased to make some of my templates with. Love your work, Donna!

Vanessa on 6:40 PM CDT said...

YOu are TRULY a craft gal Donna! I so want to pick up sewing. I just don't know when I will have time to do it. Thank you for inspiring me to give it a try!

Post a Comment