Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cosmetic Cases & Anniversary Share


IMG_2926
Here are a few little cosmetic cases I made using a tutorial by Sew Mama Sew! just using 2 fat quarters (I bought at the Cotton Cupboard, a beautiful batik), a coordinating liner and 3 zippers!  The tutorial is so fabulous since you don’t waste an inch of fabric! I made these in less than 2 hours from the start of cutting, but I know it would be about an hour and a half if I pin all 3 of them correctly and don’t have to rip 2 of them apart and start over!  LOL.  I am trying to get a bunch of variety of pouches made because a friend expressed interest in purchasing some from me for Christmas gifts, I want to have a stash of gifts to have on hand for birthdays, Christmas gifts or surprise gifts for friends and family and I have been toying with the idea of possibly selling them directly from my blog instead of maintaining an Etsy shop where I have to pay fees to list items.  I think if I just dedicate posts to them and put a link for paying via PayPal, I would just have to pay those fees and it would be less work! Let me know what you think about that venture!
Last Wednesday was our 14th Wedding Anniversary and although we had to work that day, we did go to a fine dining restaurant in Bastrop called Baxter’s on Main. It was nice & delicious food! Great service and a nice atmosphere. I attached an album below you can view all the photos. Our stop before that was to my favorite chocolate store, called Roscar’s, it was out 3rd or 4th visit, omg – this place is fabulous! ***If you are ever driving through the Bastrop area, it is a MUST for you to stop in there! They make bonbons, truffles and other items including my favorite Honey+Caramel+Nuts+Sea Salt=Bar! I bought 2 of them this time so they last me longer in between visits! One thing I love about this place is that you can taste any & every creation they have to offer and believe me, I think we are almost there! Delish! The gal in the middle photo on the right is Roma, she is a sweetheart and let me take her picture so I could share it on my blog. ***They ship chocolates too, so you don’t have to be in the are in order to indulge in the delicacies they have to offer! Let me know if you want some feedback about what truffles and bonbons I recommend if you decide to buy some – I’d be more than happy to share my opinion! 
Dinner was awesome too; we had 2 delicious appetizers: handmade chips with gorgonzola cheese & thyme and baked marinara & goat cheese with toasted bread.  Then I had one of my favorite sandwiches, a reuben and John enjoyed a warm pear & goat cheese salad.  We didn’t have any room for dessert but we had our chocolates to enjoy anyway!  Then we came home to watch a movie, ‘Just Go With It’ with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston, which was a super funny great movie! 
The last 14 years have been full of lots of adventures; ups & downs, highs & lows but such is life!  But I definitely cannot imagine sharing it with anyone else because John is a wonderful person who makes me laugh and is someone I still love & adore after all these years!  I thank God for him often but not often enough!  I love you honey **he reads my blog but I didn’t say all this stuff JUST BECAUSE of that** I truly mean it! 
Thanks for stopping by – hope you have a great weekend!!
Sharing at the following link parties:
FlamingoToes 
Sundae Scoop
Sew Darn Crafty
Sunday Showcase
Feature Yourself Friday
It's So Very Cheri
Skip To My Lou
Sew Can Do
Polly Want a Crafter
Keeping It Simple
Craft-O-Maniac
The Girl Creative
C.R.A.F.T. Pin It

9 comments on "Cosmetic Cases & Anniversary Share"

Unknown on 12:02 PM CDT said...

How sweet you two look, great pics!!! Yum, dinner and chocolates! Great idea to sell right from your blog, I think it's perfect. Love the make up pouches too.

blah on 12:59 PM CDT said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! You two look so happy and relaxed.

Casmiles on 1:31 PM CDT said...

Wow, Donna - everything looks scrumptious! I was practically drooling over the pictures - looked and them and then had to read further down to see if you described what I was looking at - and you did!!! Yummy. Sounds like a wonderful evening and a great anniversary celebration.

As for your idea of for selling your bags and totes, I think it's a great idea. You've got a nice following, so even though you'd be sticking to your blog (or a blog within a blog), information and sales will grow through word of mouth. Makes sense to save money where you can if you have to spend elsewhere. Have a great day!

June K. said...

Love your cosmetic bags. Beautifully made. Thanks for sharing the link to the pattern and tutorial.

Belated anniversary wishes.

Jessie/knightrone on 4:07 PM CDT said...

Happy anniversary! All that cheesy goodness in your photos has me craving nachos, BADLY!

Terri on 8:53 PM CDT said...

I don't sew so I personally would love to see some of your work for sale on your blog. Happy Anniversary.

buggin2stamp on 9:43 PM CDT said...

Happy Anniversary! You both look so happy together in that picture. Makes me smile. :o)

Melanie on 1:12 PM CDT said...

Glad you had a good celebration and happy belated anniversary! I've read about Roscar's but have not yet been, yum!! Next time I come to see you!!

FlyAwayHome on 3:14 PM CDT said...

What a great picture. Congrats on 14 years!

Post a Comment