Saturday, July 9, 2011

Swipe On, Swipe Off and some sewing shares!


STVMONCT4

Here is a card I made for this week’s Mix It Up Challenge at StampTV hosted by the very talented and sweet Cat!!

This was a fun technique, definitely need to try it again, I like how the card turned out, but maybe because of the colors I chose – nothing POPS to me.  I used the new Whimsical Wishes set. You should play along with the challenges there posted every Monday and Friday – you could win FREE Gina K stamps valued up to $24.95! 

quilted

We are nearing the last week in the Quilt Class I’m taking so I thought I’d share what my quilt top looks like after I quilted it last weekend– it’s decent for my first time but I did have a little (big) mishap with the direction of my quilting, I didn’t turn it like I should have and when I did, I ended up getting a bunched up area around the middle I’m sure you can see it!  But, like I said it’s my first quilt, my LEARNING quilt – I’m SURE my 2nd one will turn out much better!  I’m already looking forward to making the next one! 

quilt back

Here is the back, I chose to use blue for the color.  The binding will be a bright orange, a co-worker I showed it to yesterday said I did a good job for my 1st one!  And this is in spite of a LOT of the half square triangles not lining up very well!  I decided to stitch in the ditch for this quilt and not do any hand quilting, I will do something more complex with my future ones since this is my first one. 

I have to go – we have a meeting to attend for John’s continuing education in his field of work.  I will post again before the weekend is over, I have SO much to share, including our 14th wedding anniversary celebrations which were this past Wednesday! 

Thanks for stopping by!!

Pin It

4 comments on "Swipe On, Swipe Off and some sewing shares!"

Unknown on 11:47 AM CDT said...

Happy belated anniversary to you and John. I think your quilt came out fabulously! Never would have noticed anything wrong. I still don't see the 'bunching', hummm.

Pat Jandacek on 3:00 PM CDT said...

The quilt is beautiful - love the colors and pattern. You'll forever enjoy it and only you will know of it's 'mishaps' (if you don't tell everybody). Though sometimes, the story is fun, too. It'll be a good teaching tool for your kids...doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful and good!

Casmiles on 8:20 PM CDT said...

First - Happy Anniversary - always nice to share happy news. 2nd - your quilt looks great - you see an error because you are aware - I see nothing wrong with it at all. Remember, when making things ourselves and with love, there are no real errors - just creative differences from how someone else would have made it :-). And I love your card - you've got it down - when I tried that technique it looks like a mess - your ink looks like "sweeps", mine definitely does not . Have a great weekend!

Jessie/knightrone on 3:19 PM CDT said...

Love the card, and your quilt is wonderful!

Post a Comment