Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Always Tat


I like tattoos that are done well & in good taste. DH and I love watching tattoo shows on t.v. In fact I have one on my left ankle with 'Faith, Hope, Love' (my favorite scripture in the BIBLE 1 Corinthians 13:13, "Now these three remain, faith, hope and love and the greatest of these is love"). It reminds me that I should do all things in love, that love conquers all and I was made whole by the love of God in Jesus' ultimate sacrifice of love on the cross for my sins. Actually, my husband got his first tattoo with faith hope and love on a ribbon wrapped around a pretty big cross. Then I got mine after, it has free-handed swirls and purple (favorite color) highlights. I am happy with it & don't regret the decision. John ended up getting more tattoos since and tonight is about to get an arm wrap around the first tattoo I described to expound on his faith. He's put a LOT of thought into it and I'm excited to see how it turns out. It's going to take a few sessions to complete; tonight is the outline and next would be the color and I think I will watch the coloring occur. That's when the magic happens!

On to my card - I found a LSS called Felicia's Scrapbooks over in the Oakhill area (about 5 mins from our house!) which has been there for about a year *gasp* how could I have missed it all this time when I would SHOP in the area often!! UGH, anyway I found it because I got an email from Inque Boutique saying where I could get some stamps (See D's) locally so we checked it out and boy does she have some cool stuff in there! There's mini sets for only $3.99 and I got 3 of them, an alpha set a thank you set and this tattoo set. What's so cool about these stamps is that the rubber is colored and there is a visible black outline of the stamp location that you can see through your acrylic block to see exactly where you's stamping! I love the Hibiscus in this set especially since I can color! The set is called Always Tat and I paired it with Basic Grey Mellow and some paper from a pack I got free with a $50 purchase at Archiver's a few weeks ago (I don't have the name since I'm at work posting this but I can update later). It's a really nice autumn pack. I used my copic markers to color my flower and spritzer tool with so saffron marker so I didn't have a stark white bg. Pin It

4 comments on "Always Tat"

blah on 10:55 PM CDT said...

Very pretty! I love this stamp with this paper. Great job!!!!!

Unknown on 12:50 PM CDT said...

Love the card and I'm with ya tattoo shows rock, just saw the new LA ink, man, I need cable! lol

Bev Gerard on 8:30 PM CDT said...

Sounds like you had a very successful shopping day! I haven't had the pleasure of seeing those stamps IRL, but will keep my eyes open for them!

~Tex

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty!! I've been eyeing this set :)

Post a Comment