Friday, November 20, 2009

November Key Ingredients with TE


thankful decor

I’m happy to share a creation I made using this month’s key ingredients subscription!  For those of you who have signed up for it, you may already have yours in your hot little hands and you can play along in our challenge!  We’d love to see what you make – just leave a link on Taylor’s blog post so we can check it out.  Here is info about the key ingredients subscription!  I guarantee you will LOVE it!!

Since Thanksgiving is right around the corner, Taylor challenged the Baker’s Dozen to share a Thanksgiving themed creation with you.  Since I visited my family a few times this year, it was most fitting for me to make wall hanging highlighting the memories.  The wall hanging was found at Dollar Tree, and all I did was cut & glue on the Basic Grey Indian Summer pattern paper and embellish with ribbon, Kaiser wine rhinestones and skeleton leaves that came in the kit.   I made the Thankful title with my Brayton font by JustRite stampers.  After I stamped and cut out the letters, I colored over them with a few copic markers and then my atyou spica glitter pens.   I love to get wallet size photos made so I can make creations such as these as gifts, or slip some inside cards. 

(FUNNY STORY about the picture on the right) If you’d like to take a closer look at the wall hanging, you can click on the photo.  No one was with us on the night before I left to take our ‘family picture’.  But, I knew I had a timer on my digital camera, however had no clue how to operate it.  It took us more than 10 mins. to get this picture!  There were countless photos of just ME in front of the camera as I was quickly walking away after what I thought was ‘setting’ the timer!  We were all cracking up as I sat down in front on the floor and waited for the camera to take the timed photo – to no avail!  Amazingly my niece & nephew kept still and waited patiently for us to take the picture the whole time.  All of y’all who take pictures of kids know what a feat it can be to get them to look at the camera AND smile, let alone more than 1 kid at the same time, huh?  Finally my brother-in-law Frankie (on the right) figured out which setting I was not getting right and fixed it.  Then, this perfect picture was taken!  It was such a fun memory and imagine my surprise when I noticed EVERYONE smiling & looking directly at the camera (even my nephew who is smiling with his BOTTLE in his mouth! HA!)

I am so grateful for my family – and miss them so much!  I am grateful for every one of them who is special in their own way.  I enjoy my visits with them, surprisingly each one gets better than the last!  I so enjoy my niece & nephew and how sweet a few days after I left my niece said to her mom, “I want my Auntie Donna to come visit, but how will she get here?” I miss how quickly my nephew started to warm up to me and came to me to read him a book and sit on my lap.  Since we are getting close to building our house, I figured it would be fun for me to make myself something to hang in my new craft room.  I always get very emotional around the holidays and long for their company.  I look forward to the day they visit us and we can share our new home with them and make new memories!!

thankful decor2

Now back to my project.  I loved using the skeleton leaves in the kit (it was my first time)!  They are so delicate and pretty, all I did was put a glue dot underneath them, and covered them with some Hall Pass Bag-o-Buttons which coordinate so nicely with this kit (I was happy about that!)

thankful decor3

I used a few sentiments from the new Whimsical Wishes set Celebrate Life.  I sponged a little chocolate ink around the sentiments. Here is a link to the Nov 20th key ingredients subscription in the TE store! 

Be sure to check out the wonderful Baker’s Dozen Thanksgiving themed creations they have to share with us:

Charmaine Ikach
Karen Giron
Jodi Collins
Laura Fredrickson
Sharon Harnist
Taylor VanBruggen

Thanks for visiting today – I hope you have a wonderful day & weekend!!

Pin It

12 comments on "November Key Ingredients with TE"

Karen Giron on 10:13 AM CST said...

This is very sweet, Donna! I love the photo collage and the buttons with the ribbon are just darling! I love your story about getting the perfect pictures - those are fantastic memories :D

Laura (scrapnextras) on 10:19 AM CST said...

FAbulous Donna! Great keepsake and your story is too funny! Been there, done that LOL!

Emily Leiphart on 10:22 AM CST said...

This is so beautiful, Donna! I love the collage. The photos and dp are wonderful!

Sharon Harnist on 10:27 AM CST said...

Love your scrapbook art, Donna -- what a great way to remember wonderful times! Beautifully combined elements!

Jodi Collins on 11:06 AM CST said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Donna! What a gorgeous piece of artwork!!! LOVE the photo collage! Every bit of this is wonderful!

Denise Marzec on 12:37 PM CST said...

LOL and the countless pics of you walking into the photo...that happened to us when we were first trying out our timer. :)

Your wall hanging is beautiful!

Lori on 2:56 PM CST said...

Cool project! Funny story! Have a great weekend!

Taylor on 10:29 PM CST said...

This is gorgeous, Donna! I always love seeing your family pictures and reading your stories! :)

craftieodmae on 7:15 AM CST said...

It's gorgeous and your story is priceless, thanks for sharing....hang in there, camera have a mind of thier own at times LOL

Lynn Mercurio on 6:33 AM CST said...

What a great project Donna. You had me laughing so hard picturing you trying to figure out the timer on your camera...too funny. The results were wonderful, and so is this great remembrance of your family time!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 7:55 PM CST said...

Such a beautiful memory, Donna! Love the story about the timer. . .to funny! And YES, I know exactly what it's like to get all kids looking at the camera AND smiling at the same time! LOL

Dina on 3:24 PM CST said...

Such a beautiful collage Donna! The colors are great and pictures are sweet!

Post a Comment