Wednesday, November 25, 2009

STVSC40: A Shabby Cardinal compliments of Carolyn King!


SC1126
Here is my sample for this week’s sketch challenge at StampTV – compliments of the very sweet and talented Carolyn King!  I lifted one of her cards with her permission to use the sketch for the challenge because I absolutely adored this card of hers!  She was so sweet about it, she even said she would make a new card using the sketch & post it on her blog today! 
I used Asela’s new set, First Christmas (first time to ink the cardinal), along with some digital papers (Vintage Holly) by Emily.   I sponged around the focal image & card base with ranger antique linen distress ink.  I finished off my card with some gold-lined ivory ribbon tied with the wonderful bow-easy
I hope you will play along with the sketch this week – you have your chance at winning a free set valued at $24.95 or less!  Can’t beat that just for doing what you’re going to be doing anyway (stamp!)  Pin It

4 comments on "STVSC40: A Shabby Cardinal compliments of Carolyn King!"

Carolina on 1:22 PM CST said...

All I can say is THUD!!! Love the colors and your take on the sketch is perfect in every way!

Lori on 3:41 PM CST said...

I received Cammie's post update first, so I was watching for yours. Great shabby card! Looking forward to trying this sketch. I am thankful for getting to know you and the inspiration you bring me.
Hugs, Lori

Carolyn King on 8:16 PM CST said...

Fabulous Donna! What an amazing card. Love what you did with this cardinal!!! Thanks for the sweet words too! hugs!!!

Rose Ann on 11:13 AM CST said...

This is so beautiful, and I love your frame around your perfectly colored cardinal!!

Post a Comment