Sunday, June 6, 2010

Gina K Botanicals Blog Hop


botanicals hop

Welcome to the Gina K. Botanicals blog hop!  Jessica challenged us all to share a different technique using the lovely new Botanicals set and I chose the Brick Wall Technique, which is a little bit of work but very worth it in the end because the image always packs quite a punch with the different sized' ‘bricks’ and sponging!   I stamped my blooms on ivory pure luxury base weight cardstock with some Wild Honey Tim Holtz distress ink  and script was stamped off with Crushed Olive distress ink.  Then I cut all my bricks, sponged them and laid them out on my Sweet Mango panel layered on another ivory cardstock.  I sponged wild honey ink on the white paper flower and put on an olive button from the Autumn collection.  My card base is Green Apple

botanicals hop close up

Here’s a close up of the flowers outlined with a Sakura stardust glitter pen, which is one of my favorite quick embellishment tools!

Please visit these designer's blogs for their project using a variety of techniques all made with the Botanicals stamp set.  Be sure to leave some stamping love with a quick comment to appreciate their hard work showing you how many awesome techniques you can get lots of mileage out of this beautiful set with:

Then, for even more samples with the Botanicals stamp set, visit the StampTV gallery here: botanicals.  To view more information about the free card kit that is included with the purchase of the Botanicals stamp set, click here
Thanks for stopping by!
Pin It

19 comments on "Gina K Botanicals Blog Hop"

Becky on 10:12 PM CDT said...

Fabulous... I just love this technique,

Giovana on 10:18 PM CDT said...

Beautiful Donna! All the colors blended very well!

Vicki Dutcher on 10:47 PM CDT said...

Beautiful job on this! Just outstanding~~

joy on 11:02 PM CDT said...

Lovely, lovely card. I've not seen this technique and you've inspired me to try it out!

Cheryl O on 11:17 PM CDT said...

A lot of work, but love the technique!!! Haven't seen this used in a long time....hat's off to you, very creative!!!

Lee on 11:25 PM CDT said...

Oh this turned out AMAZING!!!! I have GOT to attempt this technique!!!

Anonymous said...

Outstanding! You are very talented, love the bricks!!

Helen on 2:28 AM CDT said...

Not seen this technique before - looks really effective so thanks for the inspiration.

Helen x

Carolina on 3:46 AM CDT said...

You seriously ROCKED this set!!! Love the addition of the stardust glitter pen and the Brick Wall Technique ~ just wow! Must give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration.

NinaB on 4:06 AM CDT said...

I've never done this technique and I love the results! Your card is so pretty, Donna.

Mary Anne / MA54K on 5:37 AM CDT said...

Love the bricks and sparkle! Beautiful!

Carla S. on 6:01 AM CDT said...

Awesome card, Donna! The brick wall technique looks fantastic! Wonderful colors!

Gloria Dojlido on 7:56 AM CDT said...

Just fabulous.

Unknown on 8:50 PM CDT said...

Donna - what a gorgeous card!! I love your technique so much - I've never done this before. It looks so cool!

Libby Hickson on 11:21 PM CDT said...

Such a pretty card Donna - what a cool technique!

Celeste on 11:58 AM CDT said...

What a neat tecnique, I need to try this. Thanks.

Bev Gerard on 12:29 PM CDT said...

Oh my!
Donna, you have totally inspired me to give this technique a try. This project is just stunning!

~Bev

Betty Neville on 12:25 AM CDT said...

Great card Donna! I have never seen this technique before - it's stunning! Really well done!

Vanessa on 2:55 PM CDT said...

ooh, what a beautiful card!

Post a Comment