Tuesday, June 1, 2010

TE Sneak Peek: Pet’s Place


pet shop

I am so excited to share sneak peeks of the new sets being released on Friday June 4 by Taylored Expressions!  TE supports various charities through the TE Giving Tree Program with a new stamp set introduced every 3 months in which a portion of the sale of the set is donated to a specific charity.  This quarter, we are happy to bring you Pet's Place, the newest set in the Apple Doodle Ink line, to support The Humane Society of the United States.  I had so much fun making this card, and pairing the new set with the Window Shopping set. 

fish bowl close up

Here is a close up of the crystal lacquer shine on the fish bowl – I just love the big lips on this fish, it cracks me up!

 

 

 

treat bagI put together a little treat bag & filled it with some of my dog Shelby’s X & O treats I got at Costco, she LOVES these treats!  I have them on my dresser next to the bed and whenever I get anywhere near the dressed, her face perks up with the anticipation of getting a treat – it’s so cute!!  These little treat bags will be available on Friday for the release, they are cut from Basic Grey Max & Whiskers patterned paper.  I stamped the bag with white ink with the little dog bone in the set so they could peek through.  You can also package some people treats inside like candy or crackers, and give to someone who had a ruff day!  Do you like the fun edge punch I used on the bag?  It’s available in the TE store, Open Scallop by EK Success, it’s one of the easiest edge punches to use and there are some fun patterns to choose from!

pet cube

Next I have a photo cube I decorated with elements from the Pet’s Place Project Pantry kit (Taylor’s blog will have details & pictures of this kit).  I will display this at my desk at work so I can smile when I see my happy dog Shelby. One of the highlights of my day is when I get home and she is waiting to greet me with her tail wagging, it makes me realize that she was waiting all day to see me too!  I just can’t imagine what the past 11 years she’s been in our lives would have been like without her, and it makes me sad to think of the dreaded day when the tumor on her lung takes her life and she will not be here to greet me at the end of the day. 
 
pet cube2 Here’s another side of the photo cube with my baby Elsie, the reason I call her that is because we rescued her when she was barely weaned from being killed in rush hour traffic and hiding between a van’s two tires.  I definitely babied her as a kitten, allowing her to snuggle in my hair and to this day (even though she is 10 years old), she looks forward to that bonding time, every day.  It usually just lasts less than a minute and then she settles down to sit next to me,  In fact right now she is laying next to my leg. pet cube3

Lastly, here is our sweet Chica, who had to be put asleep the week before Christmas last year after being sick for more than a year, it broke our hearts to see her waste away and we miss her so much.  We were so happy to have her for the 9 years we did, though and have many good memories of her!!

Now for more info on our charity: The Humane Society of the United States is the nation's largest and most effective animal protection organization. The HSUS seeks a humane and sustainable world for all animals—a world that will also benefit people. They are America's mainstream force against cruelty, exploitation and neglect, as well as the most trusted voice extolling the human-animal bond. HSUS is also the lead disaster relief agency for animals, and they provide direct care for thousands of animals at sanctuaries and rescue facilities, wildlife rehabilitation centers, and mobile veterinary clinics. Click here to read more about HSUS.

Pet's Place will be available in the TE Store on Friday morning at 10 am Central. $7 from the sale of each set will be donated to HSUS. Please remember that sets in the Giving Tree Program are the same high quality deeply etched pink rubber on EZ Mount as all other TE stamp sets, however unlike our other sets you will need to trim these images yourself. This allows us to cut production costs and donate more to our charities.

Be sure to check out all the designer’s blogs for more inspiration:

Alex Maldonado
Carolina Buchting
Charmaine Ikach
Jackie Pedro
Jeanie Witmer
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Melissa Sauls
Sankari Wegman
Taylor Van Bruggen
and Jami Sibley will be joining us today!  

Be back tomorrow for our next sneak peek! 

 

 

 

 

Pin It

14 comments on "TE Sneak Peek: Pet’s Place"

Taylor on 10:13 AM CDT said...

This is so fun, Donna! I love the photo cube you made for all of your pets and such a special remembrance of Chica as well!

Melissa Sauls on 10:33 AM CDT said...

Oh my goodness such fabulous projects Donna! And the Pet store card is absolutely amazing!

Karen Giron on 10:45 AM CDT said...

These are fabulous Donna! I love how you stamped on the bag - what an amazing touch. And your photos of your beloved pets are adorable!

Jami on 10:48 AM CDT said...

The photo cube is such a wonderful idea and I love your treat bag! But wow Donna that window card...I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! You are so good at building scenes and this one is just perfect!!! I'm laughing at myself because I totally meant to put glossy accents on my fish bowl and them promptly forgot!

Debby Winters on 11:32 AM CDT said...

Oh my gosh!!! I love this set! I am a pet lover down to my soul! Gotta have this one! Love the photo cube idea too!

Melody on 12:36 PM CDT said...

Cute! Love the fish bowl. Looks like a cute stamp set!

Jodi Collins on 1:57 PM CDT said...

These are AWESOME Donna! LOVE the pics of all your fur babies, and that card is FAB!

Lori on 4:06 PM CDT said...

As soon as I saw "pets", I knew this would be right up your alley!!! Love your samples. The photo cube is wonderful. We are currently looking for a puppy companion for our dog, I want to always have 2 pets. Keep the samples coming...

The Spotted Chick on 7:34 PM CDT said...

Oh Donna, what a cute card with all the images!! GREAT idea!! Love that photo cube too!

Karen Motz on 8:43 AM CDT said...

These are wonderful Donna but I love love LOVE the photo cube!!! That totally makes me want to make one. Shelby, Elsie and Chica will brighten every day at work now.

Carolina on 10:48 AM CDT said...

Aack ~ that cube is a brilliant idea!!! Must make one of these for my 1/2 sister!!! The bones on the treat bag are such a great touch and the crystal lacquer on the fish bowl is just the perfect touch!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 9:10 AM CDT said...

What fabulous projects, Donna! I LOVE the card. . the treat bag is adorable and the pet pages are just ADORABLE!

Jessie/knightrone on 3:53 PM CDT said...

OMGosh, total cuteness overload!!

Sandra MacLean on 7:18 AM CDT said...

Donna, your pet shop card was a standout in this release! It was the perfect card to showcase the set! Loved it!

Post a Comment