Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sketch Saturday – Classic Car


car sat sketch

I just realized Father’s Day is right around the corner and I need a few more cards!  I was so excited to finally ink up the Father’s Day A La Carte Real Classic Car from Taylored Expressions!  It was fun to color (although John said he wasn’t too keen on my color choice at first but said it actually turned out good!) guess he had to see the pattern paper I chose to coordinate with it.  The papers are from the Garden Critters Project Pantry Kit: We R Memory Keepers 72 & Sunny collection, I just love ‘em especially for a fun masculine card like this!  The layout is from the Sketch Saturday blog – it’s their birthday sketch!  One thing I did that was old school to me, was pull out my decorative edge scissors, remember how popular those were at one time?  Seems they were replaced with edge punches, which I love too, but scissors are quick & fun to use too!  Plus, I don’t have any ‘masculine’ type edge punches so this edge fit the card perfectly to me!  I also added some screw brads as an embellishment.  

car sparkle

Here’s a close up of the sparkle from my Copic atyou spica pens; pitch black, silver & gold.  Guess what?  Sneak peeks for the June release start on Tuesday at 10 a.m. central time on Taylor’s blog as well as the rest of the Bakers Dozen design team – you will be blown away once again with the sets & other offerings!   So excited to share them with you!

Thanks for stopping by ~ hope you have a beautiful yet relaxing holiday weekend! 

Pin It

6 comments on "Sketch Saturday – Classic Car"

Jessie/knightrone on 11:25 AM CDT said...

Super cute Donna! Love that image!!

Casmiles on 1:04 PM CDT said...

This is wonderful. The background paper fits perfectly with the theme, and the colors - wow! And the sparkle of the chrome gives it real POP. I love it~

Lori on 11:40 AM CDT said...

Very cool, very retro! This is a great color combo, must have needed to see it all put together to appreciate it! Have a super week, Donna!!!

Terry on 12:08 PM CDT said...

Hiya Donna, thanks for joining in on SS and with my PBC sweetie I wish you good luck with youre fab card. Hugs Terry xxx

Debby Winters on 6:59 AM CDT said...

What a cute card! Love it!

Jo on 4:45 AM CDT said...

WOW! Fabulous take on the sketch!
Thanks for joining in our birthday challenge and my PBC.
Jo xx

Post a Comment