Wednesday, May 19, 2010

SFYTT and the Red Dress


red dress sfytt

I am so happy to have my evenings and weekends back since school is over!  One thing I’ve missed is doing challenges on a regular basis so last Saturday I checked out Jen’s sketch for you to try and am finally able to share my card with you.  The evenings have been filled with relaxing and helping John keep records of the house stuff.  Things are moving along!  Be sure to check out his latest blog post to see that it is really looking like a house now *it’s the first time I’ve heard him say he’s getting excited about it because of it* – it really IS hard work to build a house.  It’s quite an undertaking and will definitely be worth ALL the waiting, saving and hard work, there’s no doubt in my mind about that!! 

I digress so about my card - I used the new Hangin’ Out set in the Whimsical Wishes line for Taylored Expressions, I just love the LRD (little red dress) and it was perfect to present the Heart Truth* red dress pin that I snagged from a geocache container last year!!  I love mixing neutrals but I don’t always think of doing it, but I did on this card – kraft and choice buttercream cardstock that was sponged with antique linen distress inks.  Oh I also used the little heart ‘steam’ from the CreativiTEA set for the kraft panel behind the dress.  The papers I used are part of the In the Kitchen Project Pantry kit (and I didn’t even use it with a food themed stamp set – it’s so versatile and the papers are great from the My Mind's Eye So Sophie Clever Collection. 

*Heart Disease doesn’t care what you wear.  It’s the #1 killer of American women.  Click on the link above to find out how to reduce your risk.

Pin It

7 comments on "SFYTT and the Red Dress"

Joan Ervin on 12:29 AM CDT said...

Ooooh, I love that little red dress, Donna, and the sentiment is sooo cool...great design, gf!!!!

Laura.K on 6:43 AM CDT said...

Red dress! Love it! Very nice card.

mylambboys on 11:39 AM CDT said...

Beautiful card! Love the red dress and pin. I myself am a heart disease survivor and love and support the Go Red organization. Thanks for sharing!

Lori on 4:37 PM CDT said...

I absolutely love this! The panel behind the dress is really neat looking. The oval and circle look great together, with the big red dress and little red dress. lol-sweet The LRD and AHA are a great campaign.

Jessie/knightrone on 11:26 PM CDT said...

This is gorgeous, Donna!! I am happy to hear the house and everything, is going well!!

Melissa Sauls on 12:56 AM CDT said...

Oh my gosh Donna, what a GREAT card!! And that little pin is just perfect!! Totally cute!

Carolina on 2:44 AM CDT said...

What an adorable dress and love your take on the sketch! The charm is such a nice touch and love how you cut up the sentiment!

Just took a quick look at Jon's blog and wow...so fun to see it come together ~ yeay for you guys!!! Thanks for the updates.

Post a Comment