Monday, May 24, 2010

Gina K. Preview Day 2: Candles on Your Cake


candles on your cake

Hi there!   It’s Day 2 of previews for Gina K. Designs’ May release!!  I am showing a few samples using Melanie’s new set called Candles on Your Cake, a fabulous birthday set with a TON of images and sentiments, like only Melanie jam packs in a set!  You Melanie fans will not be disappointed!!  I paired images from the new set with Hip to be Square for a fun and fresh birthday party card!  I love the colors I used on here too, Turquoise Sea, Sweet Mango and Chocolate Brown!  I used some soft white ribbon from the new StampTV kit too, in addition to some star dust stickles as accents.  I just realized this card reminds me a lot of the one I shared yesterday using Botanicals.  I can’t even tell you which card I made first! 

kangaroo baby cakes

My next card incorporates the kangaroo from Just so Hoppy and the baby kangaroo from Hip Hop Accessories!  This card was so fun to make; the images from the new set are the smaller cake, candle, baby cakes sentiment on the cake and happy birthday sentiment.  I used the new Sweet Mango and Grass Green (I LOVE these colors!!), and the ribbon is in the new StampTV kit too!!  The colors coordinate really well with the new Basic Grey Green at Heart papers, which I used on this card.  I also used the fun Big Scalloped Rectangles Small Spellbinders Nestabilities. 

For more samples with the stamp sets being previewed tonight, check out these Designer's Links:

Mark your Calendars!  Our Release party is scheduled for this Thursday night, May 27th from 7-10 central time at StampTV.  There will be contest questions, challenges, samples from several designers and lots of chatter all leading up to 10pm central, when all the new products and stamp sets previewed this week on our blogs become available online through GinaK Designs store! Pin It

12 comments on "Gina K. Preview Day 2: Candles on Your Cake"

Lee on 10:21 PM CDT said...

Cute designs Donna! How adorable to use the animals for a festive birthday card design!!

Melanie on 10:29 PM CDT said...

oh hee hee, i wasn't expecting to see either of these when I came over here after you peeked the card on the wall LOL! So cute love the hip grid, great design! you know the seocnd one makes me hoppy!

Cat Tidwell on 10:38 PM CDT said...

I LOVE that first card, with the way you did the words and the other images! And the kangaroo, too cute holding the cake!

joy on 11:40 PM CDT said...

Oh, how cute -- you made the kangaroo hold the cake- too cute!

Theresa Momber on 1:24 AM CDT said...

OMGosh, that kangaroo is too cute holding the cake! Clever!!!

Lynn Mercurio on 5:33 AM CDT said...

Fantastic Donna. Love the mosaic design and all the images you were able to showcase on this card.

And that kangaroo just makes me smile, holding that birthday cake. Love how you did this card.

Carolyn King on 8:17 AM CDT said...

love how you used the grid with the birthday set...and adorable kanga with the cake! Great cards donna!

Jennie on 2:53 PM CDT said...

Such cute designs Donna! Love these and good to see Just so Hoppy back :O)))

Linda Beeson on 1:36 PM CDT said...

I like the little squares you used for the birthday stamps, cute use of small stamped images!

Lori on 2:50 PM CDT said...

Super birthday cards! The colors are so great together on each card. That little 'roo is so cute in mom's pouch, but didn't see him till I clicked on the photo to see it bigger.

Melissa on 5:24 PM CDT said...

Wow what cool cards. I love how you did the four squares! Greta work!

AMIT on 9:34 AM CDT said...

This are really wonderful cards.

Text Advertising

Post a Comment