Thursday, May 6, 2010

TE Sneak Peek Day 2: Hangin’ Out and Cuppie in the Kitchen!


hangin out

Welcome to day 2 sneak peeks with Taylored Expressions!  I bet you will LOVE the set concepted by incredibly beautiful and talented Sankari called Hangin’ Out! and illustrated by Nancy Kinney for the Whimsical Wishes line!  On my card I combined it with the new Cloudy Background for an outdoor clothesline scene.  I used some of the Cuppie in the kitchen Project Pantry papers that will be available this Friday May 7th!!  I had so much fun paper-piecing all the underclothes hangin’ out…I used papers from the In the Kitchen Project Pantry kit for that, and also to make the rolling hills.   All the images in the set are so cute and can definitely stand on their own too as I’m sure you will see with the Baker’s Dozen sneak peeks!

cuppie treats

Next up is another fun Cuppie set; this time he’s in the kitchen whipping up some delicious treats for us!!  Illustrator Jessie Oleson never disappoints with her Cuppie ideas and execution of the sets!  I used one of the apron invitations from the store to create a fun card to include a recipe card to share my recipe for my favorite granola bars I made.  Yum.  I also stuffed a bunch of them in a kraft bakery bag and topped it with a cute tag.  In the Kitchen Project Pantry kit includes the mini version of the kraft bakery bag that I used on my project. 

tag closeup

Here’s a close up of the tag I made – isn’t cuppie so cute oogling the chocolate chip cookies on the baking sheet?  I just adore that sentiment!!  This is me when I get my granola bars out of the oven waiting for them to cool down.  They are BEST when they sit overnight, refrigerate and/or freeze them!  I used some lime green stickles on cuppie which is an element that comes in this project pantry kit!  Be sure to check out Taylor’s blog for complete details on what comes in the kit – but note that the Project Pantry kit will be available for purchase separately and is separate from the Key Ingredients Subscription.  It will be $22.95
OR WITH the Cuppie in the Kitchen Stamp Set for $41.50!  What a sweet deal!

recipe card

Here is a close up of the ‘sweet chef’ cuppie on the recipe card I made.  I paper-pieced this one, so fun!  Here is my recipe so you can see how delicious these are!  Please let me know if you make them and what you think about them (and what combination of added ingredients you put in them).  I didn’t have any chocolate chips (white chocolate chips, walnuts and craisins is my favorite combination!)

Preheat oven to 350°
Cream together:
¾ C. Butter or Margarine
2 C. Brown Sugar
1 Egg
½ t. Vanilla 

 then combine in a separate bowl:
3 C. Uncooked Oats
1 C. All-Purpose Flour
½ t. Baking Soda

Optional Add:
½ C. chopped nuts
½ - ¼ C. raisins
Chocolate Chips
Cranberries

Mix ingredients together well and press down firmly into 9x13 greased pan.  Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.  Note:  looks soft & wiggly at first but will harden pretty quickly or you can let it set overnight - either way the longer you let it sit the easier it is to cut cleanly)

Here are links to the Baker’s Dozen blogs so you can drool over all their fabulous creations:

Alex Maldonado
Carolina Buchting
Charmaine Ikach
Jackie Pedro
Jeanie Witmer
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Melissa Sauls
Sankari Wegman
Taylor Van Bruggen

and playing along with us today are: 

Jami Sibley
Nancy McKinney

Pin It

14 comments on "TE Sneak Peek Day 2: Hangin’ Out and Cuppie in the Kitchen!"

Taylor on 10:27 AM CDT said...

Those granola bars look fabulous, Donna!! Yummy! Love the cute recipe card and your kraft bakery bag packaging!

Karen Motz on 10:31 AM CDT said...

This entire post is D-licious!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa Sauls on 10:46 AM CDT said...

Absolutely adorable cards and I'm loving those treat bags with cuppie! I could go for some of those right now!

Natalie on 12:10 PM CDT said...

What fun! Your treat bag is adorable and the tag with a bit of glittery bling is so cute!!

Noreen on 12:12 PM CDT said...

I can't see your cards, but I like the idea of using the images on recipe cards.

Jami on 12:32 PM CDT said...

The bakery bag and apron card are such a wonderful idea - so cute! And I love your rolling hiils and clothesline!

Lori on 3:20 PM CDT said...

These are great projects! I will try the granola bars, my dd eats them for lunch every day, and homemade would be even better!

Jodi Collins on 9:02 PM CDT said...

These are great Donna! LOVE your clothesline and your Cuppie set is AWESOME! Those granola bars look delish!

Casmiles on 10:44 PM CDT said...

Love the Hangin' Out card - too cute. And your recipe sounds yummy. I'm baking this weekend, so may give these a try. Thanks for sharing...

Jessie/knightrone on 11:09 AM CDT said...

OMGosh, your entire post is just YUMMY!!

Sankari W. on 11:15 AM CDT said...

WOOWOW!!! Your creations are simply beautiful Donna!! LOVE LOVE LOVE that paper pieced clothesline card - your hills, the cloudy background, the sentiment - all are awesome!! you so rock!! And then those yummy baked treats are beyond awesome - what a perfect way to pair everything up and showcase the whole stamp set!!!
You so rock Ms. Thang!!! Big hugs,
Sankari :)

The Spotted Chick on 8:51 PM CDT said...

GREAT minds think alike!! We had the same idea!! LOVE your hangin out card Donna!! And the recipe card with cuppie is such a GREAT idea!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 10:12 AM CDT said...

LOVE your clothesline and your packaged treats! The recipe in the apron is such a nice touch!

Vanessa on 6:05 PM CDT said...

Love this stampset. Donna, you seriously make the cutest and bestest gift sets with a stamp set. I love it all! The clothesline card made me laugh!!

Post a Comment