Monday, June 14, 2010

Gina K. Designs Design Team Challenge: Summer Memories


dt challenge
Here is my card for the next design team challenge that you can participate in for a chance to be chosen as the next CSS designer for the next GKD release!!  Our challenge from Gina K. is to create a card using one of the current release sets inspired by a summer memory. 

I chose to use Tami’s Stars set with the silhouette couple from Eclectic Summer.  I chose these sets because my memory takes me back to June 27, 1997 – it was 2 days after John and I had met for the first time in real life and one night that will forever be a special memory!!  It was a dark night in Central Texas out in the hill country and while I freshened up in the house, he was planning our special evening with a fire, blanket and picnic on his mom & stepdad’s 12 acres.  We were enjoying the hot but nice evening after being out all day in the sun in San Antonio.  It was strange, though as we were enjoying one another’s company and the great outdoors, I noticed something odd – there were no stars out and the sky was real dark (it was probably between 10-11 p.m.).  As I lay in his loving arms in this romantic setting like something out of a movie, he says, “there’s something I’ve been wanting to ask you all day” and I said “what?” and he looks over my shoulder and says, “what is that on your shoulder?” and I jumped up to see and he said, “oh it’s just the design on your shirt!” now I am not a scaredy-cat when it comes to bugs & critters but I was only there a few days and I just wasn’t sure what to expect in Texas! 

After all the hoopla died down, he reached over and grabbed something while kneeling and reached out to grab my hand.  He then goes on to say something to the effect of make me the happiest guy and be my wife; unfortunately neither of us recalls exactly what he said but we do remember I broke out in happy tears and said yes – I was SO looking forward to seeing my ring which is beautiful and of course spending the rest of my life with him.  Then something amazing happened; as God is our witness, after we hugged and kissed, we looked up at the sky and there were so many beautiful and bright stars out, which had suddenly appeared-as if God was giving us His approval!  As Christians we were seeking it after all and know without a shadow of a doubt that it was a God-thing how we met!  By the way, we ended up getting married 9 days later…2 days before I had to leave to go back to CA *sniff*
For all the specific details on how to enter your card in Gina's Design Team challenge, please visit GinaK's blog.
Then be sure to stop by these participating GinaK Design Team member's blogs to be inspired by their creations for tonight's hop:
thanks for stopping by and good luck with the challenge! Pin It

23 comments on "Gina K. Designs Design Team Challenge: Summer Memories"

Kathy H on 10:17 PM CDT said...

Awesome card and lovely story!

Cat Tidwell on 10:27 PM CDT said...

Ahhhh what a wonderful story! I just love this card you have created with this Donna! How neat to use that couple image in the boat for this! So very creative!

Judy McMullen on 11:21 PM CDT said...

Wow! What an awesome story! You created the perfect card to go with this beautiful love story...truly a gift from God!!!

Lee on 12:01 AM CDT said...

What a great card using the silhouette image!! And such a special story to capture!!!

Lorraine on 1:01 AM CDT said...

What a special memory and a gorgeous card! So beautiful!

Lagene on 1:38 AM CDT said...

OOOHHH what a sweet card for such a sweet memory!

Tammy Q Howell on 5:05 AM CDT said...

Gorgeous card and memory!

NinaB on 5:53 AM CDT said...

What a great summer story, Donna. I got engaged in the summer too. I love your silhouette card.

Carolyn King on 8:28 AM CDT said...

how beautiful Donna. love how you paired these sets together! Great card and memory!

Jodi Collins on 8:35 AM CDT said...

This is SO beautiful Donna! GORGEOUS card!

Theresa Momber on 9:38 AM CDT said...

What a sweet, sweet memory, just as beautiful as your gorgeous card!

Carla S. on 10:09 AM CDT said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful memory with us, Donna! I love the beautiful card you created! You truly captured your memory with this romantic scene!

joy on 12:14 PM CDT said...

What a sweet, sweet memory! This is one your children will enjoy telling their children! Love the way you have capture that memory in your romantic card!

Unknown on 1:36 PM CDT said...

Beautiful card, Donna and a precious memory!! Great job!

Lori on 1:48 PM CDT said...

Oh, Donna, that is so romantic! A beautiful card to go with a beautiful memory, thanks for sharing!

Melanie on 2:58 PM CDT said...

wow, what a night! i love these lovers on a hill better than in the boat!

asela on 3:15 PM CDT said...

Beautiful card. Such a great idea

Casmiles on 8:11 PM CDT said...

What a great love story, Donna! Gave me chills! Beautiful card too!

Missy on 9:02 PM CDT said...

I just love looking at this card it is amazing.

Jessie/knightrone on 12:23 PM CDT said...

This is gorgeous Donna!!

Cheri on 7:20 PM CDT said...

Your story gave me such a warm feeling, Donna. And, I love the creative way you used the stamps - fantastic design.

Becky on 11:47 AM CDT said...

What a fabulous card, love the colors and the stars, love how you did the sky.

Rose Ann on 10:16 AM CDT said...

Your sunset looks gorgeous, and I love the stars!! So pretty and peaceful, Donna!!

Post a Comment