Saturday, January 29, 2011

Handmade with Love Gloves & card


gloves 012911

Hi there!!  I have been enjoying crocheting lately and have a project with matching card to share with you that I made for a dear friend’s birthday in Feb.  I found a cool pattern on-line for these Easy Crochet Wristers (fingerless gloves so you can keep your hands/wrists warm and still be able to do things like use a computer & phone).  I made myself a pair and figured I would get a jump start on some handmade Christmas gifts and make more.  But because this friend has a birthday this month, she is getting them now since it’s still cold here.  I already know she likes them because she saw my pair and said she would like some and then I told her I was already making them.  But the matching card will be a surprise still *wink*  they are so fast & easy to make, I finish them in several days!

close up knit cuppie

Here is a close up of the card, since I covered up the little heart accent on the first photo.  I used Crafty Cuppie who happens to be knitting (and crocheting is with 1 needle) but it still works!    I took the layout from my card from an SU! magazine that I have in my sketch book – it was a fun one!  The card came together in less than 20 minutes! 

Supplies:
Crafty Cuppie, Make a Wish (heart)
Prismatics cardstock: Suede Brown Medium, Papaya Puree Dark, Spring Willow Medium, Basic Grey Pyrus, Choice Buttercream 
Olive Crinkled Crepe Satin ribbon

Update on John: He is doing well, had his post-op appt with his surgeon yesterday and said he was doing well.  Goes back in 8 weeks.  We got out yesterday for a little ‘date’ after work – he came up to my office so I could show him around and we went to the movies and out to eat.  We saw True Grit which was a pretty decent movie.  The acting was great but we walked away from it saying, ‘is that it"?’ it went by too fast.  He is out Geocaching (or rather driving 3 other Geocachers around) in San Antonio today while I stamp my heart out for the next TE release (sneak peeks start Tues Feb 1st!)

Thanks for stopping by – hope you have a great weekend!!

Pin It

4 comments on "Handmade with Love Gloves & card"

Becky on 12:31 PM CST said...

This is adorable Donna.

Lori on 3:18 PM CST said...

Hi Donna! Glad to hear John is doing well. Your project is awesome, love this idea. Your card colors match the wristers colors perfectly!

Jessie/knightrone on 12:58 PM CST said...

Happy he is on the mend!! Super cute!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I got the gloves today and I LOVE them! Wearing them right now. The knitting cuppie sure is cute too :)

Thanks so much!

Post a Comment